Plugin Contributions

Default Any sIFR experts here?

If you've never heard of sIFR then this will be meaningless to you, so skip to the last paragraph...

I've recently been contracted to upgrade a store from ZenCart 1.2.6 to 1.3.5. The original store was extensively customised, and the author has made excellent use of sIFR (which I'd never heard of until yesterday!), but I'm having a major problem trying to get one instance to work correctly.

The original store is at www.crowndisplay.co.uk and the new one at www.crowndisplay.co.uk/newstore. As you can see, the short intro paragraph is not being replaced (the heading is, and so is the orange text). It uses the same font file as the orange text, and when I set the .sIFR-hasFlash p.intro to visibiity: hidden it does indeed disappear. I'd appreciate some guidance as to what I'm doing wrong please.

I will of course be asking at a forum I've found about sIFR, but asking here first, where people are used to viewing commercial sites, saves me being accused of spamming in my first post on a new forum, and may just produce the answer!

Now, if you've never heard of sIFR then you may be interested in the process, because it allows you to use ANY font on YOUR computer on your site and it will be viewed by the visitor as you meant it to be, assuming they have javascript turned on and Flash viewer installed (ie the vast majority of people). Although it utilises Flash, sIFR itself is open source code. Intended only for use with headings and short paragraphs, you can get it here.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any sIFR experts here?

My Vote is that ryk be deemed the "sIFR" expert here...!!!
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any sIFR experts here?

Reminds me of many years ago when I was serving inthe RAF at Wildenrath in Germany as the Station Flight Safety Officer...came into my office one morning to find an IBM machine on my desk; when I asked the boss what it was doing there he said, "You're the only one of my staff who has a computer (I had a ZX Spectrum 48k at home) - that makes you our computer expert! "
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart