Plugin Contributions

Default Zen CART not Zen CATALOG

Hi everyone. I'm a new Zenner and have of course had my fair share of little difficulties with getting things up and running. This forum has prooved a great resource so far however I have yet to figure out one seemingly very simple thing.

How can I use /where can I find a "buy it now"-like button(html) to place on a product page of my own design that when clicked will take the purchaser to his/her Zen Cart? I hope this was clear enough. Basically I'm not interested in working with Zen Cart as a product browser, I just need the checkout capabilities. Thank you for your time

Jaxon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen CART not Zen CATALOG

Look at the quick order mod. I created buy now buttons using that mod (and explained how I did it there too. I think my post is in the archived contributions section). The problem (among many) that you'll run into is in the shopping cart and checkout. You will have to customize those pages because once they add an item to the cart, it will pull the customer to the shopping cart page. So you will have to customize the header, columns, footer, etc to make it look like your current site. (same issue with checkout process)

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykrit
    Hi everyone. I'm a new Zenner and have of course had my fair share of little difficulties with getting things up and running. This forum has prooved a great resource so far however I have yet to figure out one seemingly very simple thing.

How can I use /where can I find a "buy it now"-like button(html) to place on a product page of my own design that when clicked will take the purchaser to his/her Zen Cart? I hope this was clear enough. Basically I'm not interested in working with Zen Cart as a product browser, I just need the checkout capabilities. Thank you for your time

Jaxon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen CART not Zen CATALOG

You might also want to take a look at this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47021