Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.3.7] UPS Showing Incorrect Rates

To spit the fact that many of you zen-cart lovers wont accept the fact that zen-cart has a few issues, this issue is zen-cart and not UPS. I read other threads where people are blaming UPS but its zen-cart. After doing some testing i found that the UPS module for zen pulls the shipping rate without the fuel surcharge, thus why the rates arnt matching what UPS.com or WorldShip say. To fix it, make this small change:

switch ($errcode) {
    case 3:
    if (is_array($returnval)) $returnval[] = array($result[1] => $result[8]);
    break;
    case 4:
    if (is_array($returnval)) $returnval[] = array($result[1] => $result[8]);
    break;
    case 5:
    $errorret = $result[1];
    break;
    case 6:
    if (is_array($returnval)) $returnval[] = array($result[3] => $result[10]);
    break;
    }
    In case 3 and 4 change the result[8] to result[10] which contains the correct shipping rate. Its a minor change but will correct the rate issues you are seeing.

Kamino84

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS Showing Incorrect Rates

Can you share the details of the UPS documentation which explain the differences between returned values for elements [8] and [10] ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sure,

According to UPSs documents on the returned values, element 8 is shipping cost before fuel surcharge, element 9 is the fuel surcharge. Element 10 is the total cost of shipping with the fuel charge, which is what you would be charged when you ship a product.

Kamino84

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you post the API documentation as an attachment, or PM me for an email address.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I dont have the API documents. I got the information from a Tech at UPS who looked at the API that comes with Zen-Cart and he told me. I also looked at the response from the UPS server and compared it to the actual prices using UPSs Worldship program and found the wrong variable from the response was being used. Since the change our shipping rates have been right on the money. If you want the techs contact info, i can get it for you. The reason i posted this was to make everyone aware who was having problems and hopfully get the change made in the next release of zen-cart.

Kamino

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Kinda had the same thing in mind.
    Once I can obtain a copy of the official API docs, it can be considered.

Plugin Contributions

Have you a Ship from and Ship to address where you actually see this change?

So far, with the testing we are doing we are not getting the extra charge it comes up as 0 ...

Thanks ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I left the reponse data at work, ill post it tomorrow. But the surcharge field doesnt always have an amount, it depends on ship to and ship from, like you said. It will vary but to be acurate on all shipments, adding it is important. Here is an example of what our zen-cart sends:

accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=4&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15 _origPostal=32119&19_destPostal=89445&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=10&47_rate_cha rt=Regular+Daily+Pickup&48_container=00&49_residential=1

Thats right from your UPS API. Check the results from that request, that should give you a good idea of what we were seeing. Monday ill post the response we get from UPS.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The challenge is not whether your posted solution is correct. Sure, the $result[10] works. No question. Kudos. Thanks for sharing what you've learned and helping to make the project better for everyone.

The reason for my questions is to determin whether it's the "best" or "most complete" solution.

What I'm most interested in is not so much the return code details, but the $errcode result that's being returned, and driving the various case() statements. Knowing why each of those conditions might be encountered is the key to knowing which of these lines should or shouldn't use $result[10], and even whether using $result[3] is correct for case 6, etc.

Hence the request for a copy of the API docs.

I've been waiting 2 weeks for UPS to cough up the documentation after going through their normal application process, as I had another issue I wanted to analyze in the same module for other reasons.

Plugin Contributions

I understand completly. I was just a frustrated with UPS too. Ill give my contact a call and see if i cant get ahold of the documents, and when i do ill post them along with the response UPS gives me for you to look at.

Kamino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast