Plugin Contributions

Default Adding Zones For Japanese (and English)...

I have just updated my store to version 1.3.5 and now I need to add ‘state’ (actually prefecture) zones for the Japanese side of my store so they will appear when customers make a new account.

I can manually input them, but surely there must be a way to add them all in one go?

Could someone let me know if this is possible, and if it is not, where can I find a list of them in Japanese (and English) to use?

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Zones For Japanese (and English)...

Wikipedia has them in English and Japanese for you and yes its possible to add them all at once, download the Japanese version of zen, do some digging in the sql for the zones and you can use that, alternatively you can do it yourself with a lot of cutting and pasting (probably quicker if you dont know how to do the above).
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that... Ended up copying them in one by one...

I wonder what is the best way to have them in a Japanese / English cart. I first put them all in Japanese, and then added a few English ones (while in the English Admin), to see how they would show up, but there was no differentiation between them.

Both the Japanese and the English appear in the popup whether logged into the J side or the E side...

Perhaps I am missing something?

Would appreciate any input on this!

Plugin Contributions

Actually, not having two separate files is a major problem. On the English side all the Japenese turns to mojibake so it looks terrible... And having Japanese mixed in with English is just no go...

So I think the best thing to do would be to turn off the pupup menu and just let people type in the prefecture themselves, at least until I can work out how to create separate files for them....

Could anyone give me their considered opinion and some concrete suggestions as to what to do??

Plugin Contributions

Have tried turning off State - Always display as a pulldown? In Admin/Config/Customer Details but after pressing submit, the pulldown appears in the next window...

There must be a way around this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

The problem here is the character sets.
    You cant use an English character set to display Japanese but you can use a Japanese character set to display English.

The pull down menu appearing is easy to change, search the forum its been covered many times, and it appears when you have entered a state incorrectly, the only thing is, is that pull down menu of states/prefectures is not listed in the correct order for Japanese, it is usual convention for it to be listed in the order they are in the country starting from the North in Hokkaido and going south to ermmmmmmm Okinawa (or whatever else is the most southerly).
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Reesy...

Well, I don’t really understand how things work.

Turning off the pulldown menu is not an option in my case as when I do, it is not possible to make a new account. (This I believe is a bug with 1.3.5).

I entered the prefecture names in the Zones area of the Admin in Japanese. If I add another set in English, then the pull down menu then contains both the E and the J sets at the same time, and when viewed in English, the Japanese ones will be Mojibake.

I do not understand how to make only the English ones appear when on the E side and only the Japanese ones to appear when on the J side...

Hope you can help...