I'm trying to upgrade a webshop in a shared server that changed the server using MySQL 5 series and MySQL charset is UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) as encoding (previously latin1).
I'm making a database dump like asked, following your guides but all ö, ä, å, é, ü etc. get totally messed with some strange marks, like √§ or like √•r etc. I do not know how to proceed, I've been trying to find info on this forum and generally in Internet but nothing has helped me and I also do not understand the mySQL very much...
I have used phpMyAdmin for the dumps and imported those dumps in the new database as SQL queries. I have tried different combinations of "MySQL connection collation" in phpMyAdmin and since that didn't help I also tried to change in the SQL dump the table coding for utf8 since there was written latin1 but nothing really helps!
I have thousands of products and hundreds of customer names with these characters and I can't correct letters one by one!