Plugin Contributions

Default linkpoint vs. authorize.net for a new account

Hi ---

I'm setting up a new site in 1.3.5 and was curious as to recommendations for credit card processing. More specifically, I'm curious as to why linkpoint is a recommeded service on the Zen site --- yet, authorize.net is the one credit card processor already integrated in with the cart. In comparing the two deals, it seems as though the Cardservices Int / Linkpoint is a much better deal financially, but I want to understand if there are any negatives relative to testing, support or use now and in the future. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, are there any plans on integrating the Cardservices / Linkpoint directly into Zen on a future release?

Thank so much for the help and advice.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: linkpoint vs. authorize.net for a new account

Also, are there any plans on integrating the Cardservices / Linkpoint directly into Zen on a future release?
    Yes, the LinkPoint module will be included in the next release of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

What did you end up using. I had the same question and am trying to choose my payment module and want to get advice on which one people recommend. Let me know if you went with linkpoint or authorizenet or something else.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

<< uses linkpoint
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

fletch Guest

Linkpoint is a captive gateway owned by First Data (which owns Cardservice International). Authorize.net, on the other hand, is an independent gateway, which can be used by most any merchant account provider (including Cardservice International).

If you are just starting out and are not already processing transactions and you call Auth.net they will refer you to a randome reseller of theirs, which may not always have the best deal.

However, if you shop around enough you can usually get a much better deal for a Merchant Account that interfaces with Auth.net than you would by just calling auth.net. Just google "merchant account" and call the first few that show up.

Usually going with a captive gateway will save you a bit of money because they throw in the gateway for free whereas with the independent gateway they will still need to be paid their $0.05 - $0.10 / transaction in addition to the amount paid to the merchant account provider. On the other hand, the independent gateways are usually better than the captive gateways.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    << uses linkpoint
    Last edited by Kim; 8 Feb 2007 at 07:14 PM.