Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem accessing Admin Login after sucessful install

This is my first Zen cart install, and it was much easier than I expected! I was extremely surprised at the vast number of features offered by the program.

After the install, I changed the configuration.php file to 444 and also the configure/php file to read-only as well. When I go to the the admin login screen I get a "unable to connect" message in my firefox window (I get a similar message with IE).

Here is a little information about the site I am working on.
    -Hosting service: 1and1.com
    -Hosting plan: Linux developer
    -Dedicated SSL to my specified domain

When I installed zencart, I frist installed it w SSL, but had not set up my certificate yet. I then re-installed w/o SSL. Neither time could I connect after entering in my login information. Each time I was able to connect to: http://www.integrity-electronics.com...dmin/login.php but was unable to connect to any https connection on my server.

When I would submitted my login information (on the http://), it would always re-direct me to the https:// site and I would get the "unable to connect" error there.

I have tried deleting every folder related to zencart, both install folders and the process folder.

I am not sure if this is an install issue or a issue with my server. When I viewed my demo cart after install it looked pretty good, so it seemed that it was working alright.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks for any help you can provide!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem accessing Admin Login after sucessful install

1. /admin/configuration.php should NOT be set to 444. It should be set to 644 similar to other files. You should never have to touch this file.

2. /admin/includes/configure.php contains the settings for accessing the URL for your admin area
    and
    /includes/configure.php contains the settings for your "store" or "catalog" area.

Both of these "configure.php" files should be set to read-only ... ie: 444 on some hosts.

Chances are that your problem may be related to your hosting setup. However, if you can post the contents of the 2 configure.php files here, without password, then it may be easier to help narrow things down.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I noticed that I changed the /admin/configuration.php file by mistake. I went back and changed that.

I have the 2 configure.php files to read-only now, as well as the zen_install folder renamed.

I still get the error when logging in! Do you think it could be something with the server?

The domain is registered at yahoo and I changed the nameserver and the mx records to use 1&1's, so it is now using the 1&1 hosting service as an external domain. Could this be effecting it?

Plugin Contributions

I cleared the cookies my site and it seems to be working now! Is that a normal issue?

Plugin Contributions

Re: Problem accessing Admin Login after sucessful install

Hi everyone.

1. THE PROBLEM - zen wont let me log back into Admin

Heres what happens:
    when I log out of the Admin area, I cannot log back in. The only way i can get back in is by either:
    • Dropping then rebuilding the admin_table
    • Creating a fresh new install and running zc_install

COULD IT BE THE SERVER SETUP?

My ISP has a public facing db server that hosts the db for my site. I initially had the site running at Hostname: 203.96.16.7, and then was asked to load it on a different server hostname 10.50.21... which is located behind a firewall and accesses the same public facing db server and therefore uses the same db that was setup when I was hosting on 203.96.16.7. The files are still sitting in 203.96.16.7.

Plugin Contributions

Close all browser windows

Clear your cache and cookies

Go into phpMyAdmin and EMPTY the tables for:
    db_cache
    sessions
    whos_online

Reset the admin table with:
    PHP Code:
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS admin;
    CREATE TABLE admin (

admin_id int(11NOT NULL auto_increment,

admin_name varchar(32NOT NULL default '',

admin_email varchar(96NOT NULL default '',

admin_pass varchar(40NOT NULL default '',

admin_level tinyint(1NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY  (admin_id),

KEY idx_admin_name_zen (admin_name),

KEY idx_admin_email_zen (admin_email)
    TYPE=MyISAM
    PHP Code:
    INSERT INTO admin VALUES (1'Admin''admin@localhost''351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b'1); 
    This will set the login to: Admin with the password admin

Go to Tools ... Admin Settings ...

Change your login, password and email address ...

See if this fixes the problem ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Fixed, fixed, fixed!!! I cleared out my browser and it corrected my Admin login fails after working with the configure.php problem!

I spent three hours looking over and over my configure.php files this morning. When I finally gave up, I did a Google and luckly found post #6 above. Clearing out the browser (IE7) was too easy and fixed it, Thanks. I also threw in a reboot of the Windows XP OS. Did not have to do any of the other steps in post #6.

Zen cart v1.3.8a

Last edited by dereknunez; 11 Nov 2008 at 06:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that you are able to login to the Zen Cart Admin now ...

and especially for posting the solution that worked for you in this particular circumstance ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Problem accessing Admin Login after sucessful install

...I am having the same problem. But post #6 did not fix it.
    Every freakin' time I try to enter the SSL admin URL:

https://wish8888.securesites.com/

it just redirects to an incorrect url:

http://wish8888.securesites.com

my non-ssl domain is:

http://www.threewishesfoundation.org

my SSL domain is:

https://wish8888.securesites.com/

...what can I do to fix the configure.php file so it will work? After following a detailed installation step-by-step, noo customizations except those required for the Verio Unix servers, are there *ANY* additional file or folder permissions settings that I have to change for it to work? Is there a special MySQL database collation that I have to use? Does the app *have* to be MySQL root for it to work? I'm at wits' end...

Thanx in advance to anybody who replies...

Plugin Contributions

If you could post, from the server, without your username and password, the configuration files from:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

we can look to see if there is an error ...

NOTE: if you renamed your /admin to something else, mask that too as it is a secret ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast