Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion checkout stops at shipping

The customer finally agreed for me to apply security patches; I did this last night. After doing so, testing teh cart, I was unable to get to page 1 of checkout. I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: free_shipping_prices() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/table.php on line 68

Customer is only using table rate shipping, by order total, but evidently wants to allow free shipping thru the 3rd otion here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48218

he is away; can't consult him; it's been six months since we had contact.

For a while I also had the error of only flat rate showing on the shipping module page, but after (several) reinstalls of the admin folder, this is corrected. However, for the shipping module to work, I hvae to delete the freeoptions.file from the inlcudes/modules/shipping folder. If I leave it in, I lose the shipping module list in admin, except for flat rate

I have read several threads here

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ght=table+rate

I have re-loaded the table.php file a million times; I don't think the error is there, it's something to do with shipping/admin? I've also done the admin re-load about half a dozen times, re-uploaded the shipping folders for includes/modules and includes/languages/english/modules/shipping. I've checked

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...reeoptions.php

and have the correct files in each folder. The cart works fine except for this.

In Shipping/Packaging, settings are

country, postal code blah blah
    max weight - 50
    tare small/medium - 0:3
    larger pkgs - 10:0
    display boxes/weight - 3
    order free shipping - 0
    estimator display - 0

----
    while typing the above, I thought to change
    order free shipping - 1
    AND
    enabled the free shipping module
    and now it works.

I am not sure what the customer is doing for free shipping -- the prices go higher than $50 for free shipping. I think he fiddled with the settings...

Anyway, including the above verbiage in case it helps someone else keep more hair than I have right now.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: checkout stops at shipping

oops....

too soon.

The cart ONLY works with both free shipping as above and the table rate. But it will not work with just table rate shipping. This is how it was set 6 months ago. The amount for free shipping customer entered doesn't make sense...

databse patch 1.3.0 (could this be part of the problem?)

Customer is not interested right now in paying me to update to 1.3.

I still need help...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Wow ... not a good thing to have your database patched to a major newer version than your code.

But, I don't think that's causing your problem, at least not directly.

The error about free_shipping_prices() function suggests that your /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php file is damaged or not loading.

So, the question comes down to ... "what has changed on the server?"

You mentioned installing a security update. Which files did you touch, and how?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did the two changes for 1.2.x on

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43579

I used 1stPage, copied from the textarea and pasted that line only, saved and uploaded.
    Last edited by TJR; 7 Oct 2006 at 07:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A couple ideas:

Perhaps you may want to back out of those changes, and use a different editor and/or FTP program to redo them. Some editors add extra junk to the file, and some FTP programs confuse line-endings. This was the cause of the most commonly-reported problems people had when applying those updates.

The note in the post directly above it makes reference to some tips for this:
    NOTE: When editing, be careful not to leave blank lines at the end of your files.
    It is strongly recommended to use a code editor for making changes to these files ... suitable free editors include Notepad++ and Crimson Editor .
    A good free FTP program to use is FileZilla
    Secondly, you may want to carefully revisit the exact edits you made to be sure you didn't change something else unexpectedly. It could be that one of your edits may have created a syntax problem preventing the rest of the file (after your edit) from loading properly, and thus the function for free_shipping_prices(), located later in the file, is not getting executed anymore.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I opened phpdesigner, which I didn't use because I assumed 1stPage (which I usually use all the time) was okay, as it is set for php files including highlighting, and just opened and saved, then reloaded the shopping_cart.php file. The cart and shipping works normally now; no free anything! except for the help at ZenForums. Thank you so very much...

After that, the admin panel was not showing any styles, so I reloaded the admin folder (again) and now it looks like normal. And the cart works.

I don't recall the database patching -- it would have been last spring. Should I unpatch it? is that possible? If apparently, nothing is broken right now, just leave it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If things are working, I'd just leave it. But keep an eye on it, and make sure you have regular backups.