Plugin Contributions

Default Change colour of Product Counts

Hi there,
    Can anyone point me in the right direction. I want to change the colour of the Products Counter in the Categories sidebox (nb. it lists the number of products).

I want to keep the main text black but change the colour of the number value and remove the brackets. I know I can probably achieve this with CSS but I need to know which and where in a PHP file that I need to place my class and to remove the brackets.

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change colour of Products Counter

The brackets can be removed via the Admin:
    Admin->Configuration->Layout Settings->Categories Count Prefix
    and Categories Count Suffix

To change the text color, you can likely do it safely by setting a color in CSS for
    Code:
    #categoriesContent.sideBoxContent

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Perfect - Thanks very much for the quick response

Plugin Contributions

Sorry DrByte - I was a bit too quick on my reply. I can understand that DIV call no probs - actually I am using the BetterCategories mod - so I can change the text colour in the stylesheet_betterCategoriesEzInfo.css.

However - I want to split the colours - hence the product name colour remains the original colour and ONLY the product counter number colour is changed.

Any clues?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you were using the standard Zen Cart categories sidebox, then the non-link text would show in the color you specified via the selector I mentioned earlier.

As for the so-named BetterCategories mod, you'll have to dig into the code to find out how to add an appropriate span around the numbers and then add a class to the stylesheet to style it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte - that's the bit I am having trouble with. I am PHP deficient and I don't know where the code is to put the span on. Anyone want to jump in here?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

try changing the '(' and ')' that were set for prefix/suffix in the admin to be '<span class="myCatCount">' and '</span>', respectively

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much - that worked a treat - excellent - you have opened my eyes up to how I can add CSS through the form field inputs.