Thread: Accounts

Plugin Contributions

Default Accounts

Hi

I am looking for an ecommerce package that includes a basic accounts managing module. We have a variety of customers. Some will pay online, others expect an invoice.

So what I mean is something like this:

Customer comes to site and orders product. Not paid for online.
    Order put together.
    Order despatched.
    Invoice created.
    Invoice paid.

The accounts side of things could produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. Invoices outstanding, invoices paid. Additionally the accounts package might be able to also track invoices raised by suppliers (i.e. Invoices we have to pay).

Does Zen Cart have this capacity please? Is it something that is coming? Is this a feature that might be considered worthwhile?

Thanks.

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by cregy View Post
    Hi

I am looking for an ecommerce package that includes a basic accounts managing module. We have a variety of customers. Some will pay online, others expect an invoice.

So what I mean is something like this:

Customer comes to site and orders product. Not paid for online.
    Order put together.
    Order despatched.
    Invoice created.
    Invoice paid.

The accounts side of things could produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. Invoices outstanding, invoices paid. Additionally the accounts package might be able to also track invoices raised by suppliers (i.e. Invoices we have to pay).

Does Zen Cart have this capacity please? Is it something that is coming? Is this a feature that might be considered worthwhile?

Thanks.

Rich
    Yes, you can do that with Zen Cart. In Zen Cart there are different "steps" in the order process. You can add to, delete, or edit the existing steps that are there when you first install Zen Cart. Basically, you would want to create the following steps in an order (this is very easy to do in Zen-Cart - just a few clicks and you're there.):

Order Received
    Order Shipped (or dispatched)
    Invoice Printed (or Invoice Sent)
    Invoice Paid
    Order Completed

You can have as many order steps as you need. You can then pull up a list of orders that are in any of those steps at any given time. So, let's say you receive three orders and one of them was paid for online and you have already shipped the product. You would update that order to "Order Completed." The next order you have received the order and you have shipped the products out, but you have not sent an invoice to the customer yet - for this order you would put it in the "Order Shipped" step of the ordering process. The third order you have received it, shipped it to the customer, and also sent an invoice to them, but they haven't paid you yet. You would put that order in the "Invoice Sent" step of the ordering process.

You can then at any time (monthly, daily, weekly, even hourly) pull up an up-to-the minute report of orders in any given step of the ordering process from the admin home page. And by the way, you can set up the Purchase Order payment module to let customers complete an order online without actually paying for the item.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if this is what you were wanting to know or not. Good luck and please share your site with us when you are done with it.