Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default custom forms - data collection

Is it at all possible to add a few links that open a set size window containing an outside page to either the information box or the "more_information" box (which used to be the tutorials) ?

I'm totally lost look at this code, and how does the window-open javascript get applied??

Any help would be great as I have two forms that I have to add to my site.

moderator: search keywords added: band_signup bionic

NOTE: A packaged version of this discussion, upgraded for Zen Cart v1.3, can be found in this post:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...482#post386482

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Wayne,

are you wanting to just add links to sideboxes? It seems you've already got that working on your site.

I'm trying to understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I see this got moved to it's own post, I hope I didn't do something wrong.

I got close by trying to use a php include that brought in a .inc with the links and the javascript in it but for some reason it would only display above EVERYTHING and if I tried to move it I was getting parsing errors.

I'm not a php guru by any means so I reverted back and am still lost.

esentially I'd like one page linked from the (ex-tutorials) sidebox to open up and contain two paragraphs of text and a link per paragraph that would then open up a sized pop-up containing the sign-up forms, this way I can also implement the error and success pages to work when the formfield is submitted.

Any help by you Zencart Gurus would be greatly appreciated as this is pretty much (hopefully) the last hurdle to this site.

Cheers :)

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by DrByte@Jul 14 2004, 06:18 AM
    Wayne,

are you wanting to just add links to sideboxes? It seems you've already got that working on your site.

I'm trying to understand what you're trying to accomplish.
    Doc, it's basically the fact that I need to be able to open up two forms in either a new page or a pop-up, I figured a pop-up using content that is kept in my main root folder would be easier, because of the link to the form-to-mail file and also the error and success pages, that way these can all be shown in the same window with no extra coding to accomodate the actual cart.

My problem is getting a way to open these two forms in two set windows using javascript within one of the pages that I've added to the sidebox.

Does that make better sense?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

how complicated are these forms in terms of # of fields, layout, color/presentation, etc?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here's the first on which is still being worked on, the other will be pretty much the same with a few different fields.

first form

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What I'm thinking is that it could actually be done as a regular Zen Cart page.

You might want to turn off some sideboxes while it's displayed, or maybe not.

If it validates, the email is sent.
    If not, then it displays an error.

THe Contact Us page does that now

Of course, it'll take a bit of PHP learning, but could use contact_us as a model to start with.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm, I kind of understand what you mean but don't have a clue how to implement it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by waynerd@Jul 14 2004, 02:44 AM
    Hmmm, I kind of understand what you mean but don't have a clue how to implement it.
    The contact us form consists of the following files:

includes/templates/YOURS/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php
    This one handles the layout, including all the fields you want to collect info for.
    I'd take out the "SEND_TO_TEXT" one, and set the default like you do in your regular email form.
    Then everything from "ENTRY_NAME" down to "ENTRY_ENQUIRY" would get replaced with your form.

/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    This file checks for logic, errors, etc, and if OK, sends the message off to you, by joining all the fields together into the $message variable. It reads info from the form as $_POST['variable'] names.

/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php
    This contains the display-text variables to be put into your template.

Plugin Contributions

yikes!

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast