Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting Up Product Images

No, this does not work. I have tried uploading a small .gif as well as a .jpg by selecting hewlett_packard from the dropdown location and by browsing to the product image. I then hit 'preview' and I still get 'No Image Available'. I really don't think this feature is working anymore. I can, however, get an image to show up by pasting it into the Product Description in the Zen Cart Admin, but I would like to get it to work as it is supposed to by clicking 'Browse' and selecting the image and then selecting 'hewlett_packard' as the upload directory. If there is a way to put the picture directly into the database, please let me know, but I think that 1.3.5 is broken.

Plugin Contributions

The only thing I can find that is broken at the moment on images is to add an image already on the server as browsers will not allow you to type in the browser input box ...

This has been fixed in the upcoming v1.3.6 so you can:
    1 Browse for an image
    2 Enter an image already on the server
    3 Delete an image from the database

But I cannot break the images by browsing for an image and then it not showing ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I too am having similar problems.

Adding a product, and then browse to find the image. I get an X on the preview, and on the actual web page. I have looked inside the MyPhpAdmin, and the product record is there, along with the filename of the pic which I attached to the new product. However, the picture file is not getting uploaded to the /images folder.

I have manually ftp'd a file up to the images folder, and tried the manual type method of attaching a pic to the product, but it seems the preview button can not be clicked.

I have checked all folders et al....to properties of 777.

Once strange occurance, I had a pic in the includes/languages/english/images folder which did show up in the product listing. (though in my wanderings I'm not sure how I got that to happen.)

Any hints or suggestions would be great...

I'm running the latest version of zen...

Plugin Contributions

I have tried to both upload a product image, and also to upload the Manufacturers logo, and neither feature works correctly. Hopefully, 1.3.6 will fix this issue, but if not, I am not sure what I need to do to fix this problem. For some reason, the database is not updating correctly to point to the images. If you know of a way around this to where I can modify the database, please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

Does anybody have any ideas on this issue?

Plugin Contributions

Look in the bug section here. There's another thread regarding this, where there are 2 work around listed. In addition I believe the new version that was just released fixes the problem. Though I haven't downloaded it and tried it yet.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart v1.3.6 that was just released has fixed the image problems ...

Try upgrading your site after backing up both your database and website ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Nope, I upgraded to 1.3.6 and the image problem still exists. I'm sure the upgrade fixed other problems, but this problem still exists. Any more ideas. Someone mentioned a workaround, but I don't see it listed anywhere. This is getting extremely frustrating. I can't really add products to the website, because I don't want to have to go back and re-add all of the pictures. Any ideas??????

Plugin Contributions

What browser are you using?

unix or windows server?

What version php?

Did you load all of the files for Zen Cart v1.3.6? If not, how did you merge the files?

What add-ons do you have? Any to do with managing images?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

This does seem to be working now, but the upload feature does not seem to work. You have to ftp the .jpg or .gif, then point it to where you ftp the picture, but at least it works good enough to get the pictures to display. Thanks for you help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast