Plugin Contributions

Default How to specify multiple options within a table-rate shipping module?

I am using the table rate module as we mostly use the local post office for shipping books. But, I am a bit lost on how to specify multiple options within a table rate shipping module.

To give an example:

1.) If we use seamail, there are two price bands- one with concession and the other without.
    2.) Under each, we have two different shipping methods, each with its own price- for instance, we have Book Post, which is cheaper and Registered Book Post, which is more expensive.

Can anyone explain how to make these four different options, each with its own rate show up in the shipping module? It seems easy enough to clone the shipping module, but, after that, it's all very confusing

I will be thankful for any assistance anyone could give about this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to specify multiple options within a shipping module?

i am trying to do something similar, i want to be able to have a dropdown with mutiple shipping options...ie. standard rate, 2day, overnight, ect......i cant seem to find an answer for it. maybe i should just add it as an attribute? but then would it show the price change in the checkout? if anyone has the answer please let me know asap!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to specify multiple options within a table-rate shipping module?

If you are not using UPS or USPS which give real time quotes based on weight for an order ... then you would need to customize your own shipping modules ...

If you want to charge a Flat Rate per Order than install the Flat Rate flat shipping module ... and clone it for each additional shipping method that you want ...

If you want to charge an Item Rate per Item of the Order, than install the Item Rate item shipping module ... and clone it for each additional shipping method that you want ...

For more information on cloning shipping modules, do a search on:
    clone flat
    clone item
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!