Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default manufacturer sidebox

Is there a way to get the manufacturer sidebox to show up when that manufacturers' products are listed?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: manufacturer sidebox

The Manufacturer's name will appear with the product if it is turned on in Admin -> Configuration -> Product Listing. It should be on by default.

Having the SideBox for Manufacturers only show up when the product listing is displayed would take some coding to the tpl files.

Hope I understood your question.

Plugin Contributions

I think I might have been unclear. I was also wondering if there was a way to list the manufacturer sidebox when all the products from that specific manufacturer are listed. Seems like it would make sense that it would show up here, as well.

Plugin Contributions

The current sidebox displays when products_id is set ...

You could further customize the sidebox to also display when manufacturers_id is set ... be sure to use the templates and overrides for this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'd like to jump in here and just add that I'm having problems being able to show the Manufactures on the sidebox at all. I've just setup zencart and have logged into admin and added several manufactures. In addition, I've gone into Column Boxes under admin and made sure the manufactures is turned on. The problem is that on the site I can't get it to show up. I've set it both for the right side and/or the left and it wont come up for either. Can anyone assist?

Plugin Contributions

Linda,

I'm looking in the sideboxes/manufacturer_info.php. I'm not sure how to set the manufacturers_id..

Plugin Contributions

If you select a manufactuer from the manufactuer sidebox ... you will see that there is a manufacturers_id in the URL ...

Same as if you pick a Category with multiple manufactuers if you pick one, then you see both a cPath and a filter_id in the URL ...

This identifies when there is a known manufacturer selected on the display ...

You could use these to further customize the manufacturers sidebox so that it also displays based on those variables ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ok..i'm understanding the logic but i'm looking at the code and have no idea..i see there's the function that checks if the product id is set - if(isset)$Get['products_id']...which then executes a query to find the specific manufacturer info

would i have to define the actual $Get['manufacturers_id'] function and then have it execute the same query? ok..i might not be making any sense at all.

Plugin Contributions

This means IF I know without looking it up the products_id that is being displayed ... allow the code in the IF to run which allows the sidebox to show ...
    PHP Code:
      if (isset($_GET['products_id'])) { 
    You want to add additional conditions to that ...

But, in doing so, you need to alter what the select is doing to grab the manufactuer information ...

Currently, it is checking based on products table manufactuers_id ...

You need a different select that just uses the given manufactuers_id

In this case ... there are two more possibilities, as I defined earlier ...

If there is a manufactuers_id or if there is a cPath and a filter_id ...

Under these two conditions ... you select the same information but remove the products table and lookup from the select statement and use either the manufacturers_id or filter_id to find the right manufactuer ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I also need some help with this. I looked through the forum and read this post several times but I'm in over my head a bit. Not sure what code to change.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast