Plugin Contributions

Default Question on create_account.php

I know I can modify the text, but I wish to put links within the text so I can set emails for html instead of txt emails. My question is, can I put coding within the text I want to appear when the new member gets his email. If not where can the links go or how do I make them.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question on create_account.php

I am a bit confused by you post???

You can set the email type in the admin > config > email > ...but you can not insure that the receiver can accept or view html formatted mail, if they are on a system that only allows text mail, this is how it will be received.

I re-read your post, and think that the admin will take care of your concerns and there is not a need to include coded links etc to set for html mail.

If I am wrong, please post back with a bit more description of the functionality that you are trying to evoke.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Maybe so you understand more, this is what I want in the email they get on welcom. If I just put in up to the end of 1) it works. When I put the rest in it will not send. I can see it rith in the admin panel in the tool section and it is the way I want, but it will not email. If I put it into txt mode it emails, but doesn't give the links. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it.
    The url is http://freedivorceforms.net/armor
    I put this coding within this section of the create_account.php:

Code:
    define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'Free Gifts from Legalbear and <strong>Excellence Unlimited</strong>.<br>
    I want to welcome you to my web pages and shopping cart. Please go to<a href="http://freedivorceforms.net/newaccount/" target="_blank"> this link</a> or to freedivorceforms.net/newaccount/  to get your free gift if you did not get it yet. If you arrived at these pages it is probably because you are dealing with the government’s agents in one aspect or another. Of course, I would like you to spend as money here as possible and think that I have a lot of resources that can help you; but neither one of us should put the cart before the horse. There are a number of FREE helps available on my web pages that I would like to make you aware of:<br> 
    1) Were you aware that it is possible, with the Creator’s help, to make government agents so afraid of you that they will not want to deal with you? It is also possible, with the Creator’s help, to enjoy being hidden from them and provided for the same way Elijah was hidden from King Ahab after his prayer caused a drought throughout Yisra’el. It is possible, with the Creator’s help, to be guarded from government agents and to enjoy perfect and constant peace. But first, each of us must meet the requirements by controlling the words that come out of our mouths and controlling the thoughts that pass through our minds. I have written an article about how to accomplish this and am making available helps for accomplishing this and both are <a href="http://freedivorceforms.net/htdocs/index.php?page=barticles" target="_blank" title="http://freedivorceforms.net/htdocs/index.php?page=barticles">FREE.</a><br>
    2) In Mark 7:5 it is written, "And the Pharisees and scribes kept asking Jahshuwah, 
    Why do Your disciples not order their way of living according to the tradition 
    handed down by the forefathers, but eat with hands unwashed and ceremonially not 
    purified?" Part of Jahshuwah’s reply to this is in verse 13, "Thus you are nullifying 
    and making void and of no effect the Word of Jahuwah through your tradition, which 
    you [in turn] hand on. And many things of this kind you are doing." From Mark 
    7:5 I learned that Jahshuwah’s disciples, be they then or now, zealously refuse 
    to follow the traditions of men to the point that it is very noticeable. Now as 
    then, the keeping of the traditions of men which have been handed down nullifies 
    and makes void and of no effect Jahuwah’s Word. I have located someone that has 
    ferreted out these traditions and have placed her articles on my web page for 
    <a href="http://freedivorceforms.net/htdocs/index.php?page=Deborahstableofcontents" target="_blank">FREE</a>. 
    When I read these articles I sit on the edge of my seat with my chin in my hand 
    amazed at how far we have strayed from the truth and wandered on to the traditions 
    of men. No wonder we do not put our enemies to flight as promised in the Scriptures.<br>
    3) Would you like to enjoy an overwhelming victory over any foe that opposes and 
    threatens you? I believe there is a key to accomplishing this in 1 Samuel 17:45 
    where David takes on Goliath, "Then said David to the Philistine, You come to 
    me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name…" There 
    are numerous references throughout the Scriptures to "the Name’s sake" and "My 
    Name’s sake." I would like to strongly assert, that in order to obtain to this 
    overwhelming victory, that we too should be coming "in the Name" and I have placed 
    an <a href="http://freedivorceforms.net/htdocs/index.php?page=bart1" target="_blank">article 
    about that here</a> on my web site as well.<br>
    4) Some of you are dealing with the IRS or state agencies of similar link. I would 
    strongly like to suggest to you that your sword, spear, javelin, knowledge of 
    law, or your trust in man will not deliver you as handily as the Spiritual Tactics 
    I had revealed to me by the Creator for dealing with them. I gave a talk on the 
    revelations I was shown on how to deal with these agencies and it was recorded 
    on video and I have placed that video on my web pages for <a href="http://www.irs-armory.com/video.htm" target="_blank">FREE</a>. 
    By the way, after I stopped playing their game in 1988 the IRS chased me hard 
    for two years. I utilized the tactics described on this video and they never got 
    a cent; in fact, the final entry in the IRS agent’s hand written investigative 
    report spanning those two years said, “I’ve overworked this account. I recommend 
    it be closed.” I attribute the fact that neither the IRS nor the state has bothered 
    me for going on 16 years to the effectiveness of these tactics.<br>
    5) Some of you have liens that you would like to see removed. At <a href="http://www.cantheydothat.com/" target="_blank">www.cantheydothat.com</a> 
    I have a free lien evaluation page. Have your records of what the IRS sent you 
    available as you go through and answer the questions yes or no. At the end of 
    the evaluation you will be able to save your evaluation to your hard drive. If 
    your lien was placed after 1998 and you answered no to any of the questions you 
    are entitled to have your lien removed. If you tried to get or did get a due process 
    hearing I also have a <a href="http://www.cantheydothat.com" target="_blank">FREE</a> 
    evaluation page available for that as well. If the IRS screwed that up you are 
    entitled to have your lien removed on that basis as well.<br>
    6) Have you ever noticed in 1 Samuel 17 that David uses Goliath’s own sword to 
    chop his head off? I was shown that sword represented this world’s laws. Jahuwah 
    spoke to me as I left court one day and said, “I am going to teach you a little 
    bit of their law and you are going to use it to slay Philistines the same way 
    Samson slew Philistines with the jaw bone of an ***.” Some of the recipients of 
    this email are not skilled in using Goliath’s sword. About this sword David said 
    in 1 Samuel 21:9, “There is none like that…” Some have said that the judicial 
    system in the United States is the best in the world and that there is none like 
    it as well. If you have an interest in learning to use the jaw bone of an *** 
    to slay Philistines check out my <a href="http://www.legal-research-video.com/" target="_blank">research 
    video and law course</a>.<br>
    7) In case you didn’t notice, I have set up a Yahoo Group that is devoted entirely 
    to going to court. To participate in the group is <a href="mailto:tips_and_tricks-subscribe*yahoogroups.com">FREE</a>. 
    To join, send an email to tips_and_tricks-subscribe*yahoogroups.com Currently 
    there are over 2000 members in the group. Some of them are very knowledgeable 
    and I learn from their posts. Typically, the group will answer specific questions 
    for the edification of all.<br>
    8) Some of you have been dealing with debt collectors. I have placed a wonderful 
    and informative article covering ways that you can strike back at creditors and 
    debt collectors as well as exercise and preserve your rights during the collections 
    process on my web <a href="http://freedivorceforms.net/htdocs/index.php?page=debt" target="_blank">FREE</a>.<br>
    With your account, you can also take part in the <strong>various services</strong> 
    we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.</p>' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: <a href="mailto:' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">'. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS ." </a>\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n");
    Last edited by sparktronic; 24 Oct 2006 at 03:51 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have any apostophes in the text? If so they need to be escaped.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Don't mean to sound stupid, but how do I escape them? I think I do have some

Plugin Contributions

A search in the FAQs brought up this: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=128
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Dah, I should have checked your first link.
    I did go back and change all the ' to /' where I had a plural s ending. However, I still do not get the html email after someone creats an account. I put the original file back in and it works, so I know it is not my host. It will get the txt email with some of the links I want but not all. I tried putting it in the editor and creating the section I want in "page_2" just to see if my coding is not right, but I just can't get it to send the email html. If I take everything out except the top part of what I want it will email html. When I put the rest in it will not. Any other suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I have been going through this thing for a couple of days and I still cannot figure out why the email is not working like I would like it to. It will not even send when I go to the admin and send 1 email to a customer. It does email when someone orders though. The main thing is when an account is created, it will send out a text email whe I switch it to txt in customer and admin, but will not when I switch it to html in both. Is there someone that can take a closer look at this for me. I am stuck. This used to work right. I had my host check to see if anything was changed and the answer was no. I did do the up grade, but it wasn't working before then. I tried putting the original "creat_account.php back in and it does work right, but I wanted to customize it to put my own message in with links. I just am not sure why when I add my text it stops working. I can add one paragraph and it still works, but when I put more in then it stops.
    Last edited by sparktronic; 28 Oct 2006 at 09:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just pasted the content from your post above into a fresh copy of the create_account.php language file, and it worked fine.
    This is on a fresh install of v1.3.6, with a new user account, choosing HTML for email choice. In the admin, I set Use MIME HTML to true and the Admin Copy choice to HTML as well.

This suggests that either some other file content may be incorrect, or your email settings may not be properly set for your particular server.

v1.3.6 added a couple additional configuration options depending on how your hosting is configured. ... what are your settings in Admin->Configuration->Email Options ? (without smtp password)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

As to the original question, when wanting to include links within a Text eMail, just use the URL without any HTML.

3) Would you like to enjoy an overwhelming victory over any foe that opposes and threatens you? I believe there is a key to accomplishing this in 1 Samuel 17:45 where David takes on Goliath, "Then said David to the Philistine, You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name…" There are numerous references throughout the Scriptures to "the Name’s sake" and "My Name’s sake." I would like to strongly assert, that in order to obtain to this overwhelming victory, that we too should be coming "in the Name" and I have placed an article about that here on my web site as well.
    http://freedivorceforms.net/htdocs/index.php?page=bart1

4)
    Also, don't use HTML for line breaks. Two strokes of the Enter key works better.