Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Define Pages Editor

Ive successfully added quite a number of pages to my site with all the relavant paths and settings they are pulling the information from my html_includes folder, all my new pages have the name of the page defined and filenames correct for this to work with settings in my english.php setting the status to be enabled.

All is working fine, however i now want my customer to be able to alter these files themself which was the purpuse of having them using the define pages editor but in the admin, they are no showing up on the list.

I have altered the english.php in the admin folder and added my new pages to the existing list, but this does not make them show

Any ideas on what to do or if i have missed something

ive altered the filenames.php and english.php to gave the new pages names and titles, the new pages all have the correct locations for thieir access

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages Editor

Are you using some sort of Admin access mod?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

nope, no mods have been added, its puzzling me, unless there is another file in the admin folder that neeeds amending, i do not know

looking at the define editor script i reads the contents of that folder but dont know why it dont see them,

Rob

Plugin Contributions

There are basically 4 files that need to be added/created/altered for this to function fully. Check and get the about us module in the down loads area for exact instructions. on how to add

Some things to check

edit/add /includes/modules/sideboxes/MYTEMPLATE/information.php
    edit/add modules/pages/your_page/header_php.php and change the "ABOUT_US" reference to "MYPAGE"
    edit/add the extra_datafiles/your_page_filenames.php
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Ta for that, will have a look at them filenames and hopefully solve my problem

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default About_US Define Pages Editor

First let me say I have sucessfully installed the about_us module on another site. On the current site i'm working on, none of the pages that I have added show up under "define pages editor" in the admin. I have placed the define_about_us.php in the inludes/languages/english/html_includes folder and in inludes/languages/english/html_includes/custom folder.

I am able to manually edit the define_about_us.php in my custom or "overide" folder and it show up on the website correctly. Therefore I know it is reading from the over ride.

Can anyone tell me why it may not be showing up under the "define pages editor". I thank you in advance, you will make my day, I have spent 5 plus hours trying to figure it out! 1.3.7

Plugin Contributions

Now that Im playing with it , when I change a page with the define pages editor, on preinstalled pages, ex: define_maine_page.php, the changes aren't working!

Plugin Contributions

First, after saving whatever changes you want to make, are you not seeing any error msg. at the top of the page? For example: cannot write to file ...

Second, you may have reached one of the 'unseen roadblocks' which would be here:

inludes/languages/english/html_includes/custom folder

Before any work can be done, both these directories: html_includes & custom_folder, must have permissions of 777. The files being worked with in the 'custom_folder' must also, first be changed to 777 permissions.

It is important that after work has been done, the directory permissions for 'html_includes' & 'custom_folder' must be set to 755 - to help prevent future hacking.

As the Content of the files within the 'html_includes/custom_folder' do not change very often, might be best to make all changes at the same time. Then set your 755 permissions. When the next round of changes are to be done, the above steps must again be followed.

As it is easy to forget about doing the change and, if your Hoster is willing to work with you, you could ask to have the following changes made.

chmod 775 includes/languages/english/html_includes
    chgrp nobody includes/languages/english/html_includes

It will prevent most types of unauthorized access to anywhere within the 'html_includes' directory whilst allowing the script to work as it should -- without having to worry about changing permissions back 'n forth.

Plugin Contributions

Rob,

thanks for answering. I did have my permissions set correctly and received no errors when attempting changes

Plugin Contributions

Ok, let's try a bit of forcing.

Delete all 'php' files in this directory: html_includes
    Do not delete these two directories nor any files in them:
    html_includes/classic -- html_includes/custom_folder

See what happens.

BTW, for clairification, you are using the Templates Overrides system, correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast