Plugin Contributions

Default Resaved hyperlinks lead to admin pages

This one's also a bit odd.

I have some text on my homepage. Within the text are some hyperlinks to other pages on the site such as:

index.php?main_page=login
    index.php?main_page=page&id=5&chapter=0

And now the problem: When the chap I made the site for edits and saves the homepage text, the links all get changed to full URL's.. and even worse, they lead to the admin section as follows:

http://thiswebsite.com/admin/index.php?main_page=login
    http://thiswebsite.com/admin/index.php?main_page=page&id=5&chapter=0

Any ideas what would make this happen?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Resaved hyperlinks lead to admin pages

It's probably the fellow's editor that's doing it. This is just a guess, but the editing software is probably "web aware" to a certain extent and is trying to be helpful, but instead is throwing a spanner in the works.

Plugin Contributions

What is he using to edit the text?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

He's got Win2K with IE on it - I'll need to check if it's up to date.
    The Zencart is 1.302 with only one small mod (for flat rate shipping) installed with no db modifications. It has a template from ZenWebs installed on it.

I enabled the HTML editor for him but he has been told only to type text and use the bold or italics buttons for formatting and leave the rest to the style sheets.

I also installed a tool called Puretext http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/ for him. This is a handy tool I always use for pasting plain text from whatever's in the clip board. However, he has been typing all his own copy straight into the editor and so I don't suspect that.

I've gone and inserted absolute URLs instead of relatives ones into his pages and we'll see if that stops them from being changed.

It's certainly odd.. is there any sort of parsing and auto-altering of text when saving a page in ZenCart? This happens on both his EZ Pages and define Pages pages.

I'm beginning to suspect he has something else on his pc that is doing this, because my other thread about the question marks seems to be a similar thing.

Plugin Contributions

It sounds like something Microsoft Frontpage would do. Anyway, I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah it certainly seems like some sort of helper app.. I thought Zencart might have had something like that installed?

I went around and checked his pc out. Zone Alarm is the only app that causes trouble, but we'd already identified that previously and he disables it prior to working on the cart. Frontpage isn't responsible either.

In any case, it hasn't happened again since I inserted the absolute URLs for him and he's on the alert in case it does crop up.

Thanks for the replies

ROb