Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level.

Hi I am getting this error message:

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

I got this message after reinstalling over an existing install. I wiped the files, but the database still had the information in it. I tried rewiping the files and creating a new database to install on, but I still get the error.

I cannot find much in the FAQs or the forums. I found this thread, but it does not have a recommendation/solution in it: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/archiv...p/t-32610.html

btw, i believe I am on a windows machine. paths look like this: /services/webpages/i/r/mysite.com/public/includes/configure.php.

help!

tx

fab

Plugin Contributions

Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level.

N.B. I just tried to do a "database upgrade." It ran, but skipped most of the processes, and there was no change in the "review patch levels" error:

NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 45
    See details at bottom of page for your inspection.
    (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.)

part of the problem is that the db is already at 1.3.5. (from server_info.php):

PROJECT_VERSION_NAME PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR.PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR
    Patch: PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH1:ROJECT_VERSION_PATCH1_SOURCE
    Patch: PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH2:ROJECT_VERSION_PATCH2_SOURCE
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5
    v1.3.5 [2006-10-26 18:51:54] (Fresh Installation)

these were at the bottom of the install page -- the 45 skipped statements:

SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_LIST_ALPHA_SORTER" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORIES_IMAGE_STATUS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORIES_IMAGE_STATUS_TOP" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORIES_IMAGE_STATUS_TOP" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CURL_PROXY_REQUIRED" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CURL_PROXY_SERVER_DETAILS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_INFO_CATEGORIES_IMAGE_STATUS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_INFO_CATEGORIES_IMAGE_STATUS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_layout_box_sort_order_zen to table layout_boxes because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_clip_type_zen to table media_clips because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_media_name_zen to table media_manager because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_type_name_zen to table media_types because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_date_available_zen to table products because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_ordered_zen to table products because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_model_zen to table products because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_price_sorter_zen to table products because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_master_categories_id_zen to table products because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_sort_order_zen to table products because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_manufacturers_id_zen to table products because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_opt_sort_order_zen to table products_attributes because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_options_sort_order_zen to table products_options because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_options_name_zen to table products_options because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_options_values_name_zen to table products_options_values because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_options_values_sort_order_zen to table products_options_values because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_options_id_zen to table products_options_values_to_products_options because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_products_options_values_id_zen to table products_options_values_to_products_options because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_artists_id_zen to table product_music_extra because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_record_company_id_zen to table product_music_extra because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_admin_email_zen to table admin because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_expires_date_zen to table banners because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_date_scheduled_zen to table banners because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_expires_date_zen to table featured because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_expires_date_zen to table specials because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_date_purchased_zen to table orders because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_address_format_id_zen to table countries because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_iso_2_zen to table countries because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_iso_3_zen to table countries because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_zone_country_id_zen to table zones because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_zone_code_zen to table zones because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_zones_zen to table zones_to_geo_zones because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_type_id_sort_order_zen to table product_type_layout because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_status_zen to table reviews because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_date_added_zen to table reviews because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_sale_date_start_zen to table salemaker_sales because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_sale_date_end_zen to table salemaker_sales because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add primary key to table authorizenet because a primary key already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index idx_auth_net_id on table authorizenet because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index idx_auth_net_id on table authorizenet because it does not exist.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level.

I just found this thread about this db version issue on windows machines: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/archiv...p/t-45184.html

but... i checked my code for /includes/autoload_func.php and line 24 is already commented out !?!?!!

i am having all the same symptoms, yet the fix is in place (but not working?)

now i'm really confused

fab

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level.

After upgrading, I've been experiencing the exact same problem. I used the "Ask a Question" form in the troubleshooting area a few days ago, but so far, no response.

Plugin Contributions

I just discovered the issue. I original installation copied the configure.php file from the last installation over to the new installation.

Well, I went ahead and exchanged the old configuration file for the new one again and all is well.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by nb109 View Post
    I just discovered the issue. I original installation copied the configure.php file from the last installation over to the new installation.

Well, I went ahead and exchanged the old configuration file for the new one again and all is well.
    Can anyone forward and old config file to me so I can try this????

I'm still trying to understand this one. I set up a test site, copy of live site, and I get this message. I've been ignoring it but it is annoying me. It's not windows, btw.

Plugin Contributions

When told:
    Your database appears to need patching to a higher level.

then you have not updated something in the database tables correctly ...

Usually backing up your database and site first, then loading the new version of code and running the /zc_install is all that is needed ...

Using a test or working directory and database that is a copy of the live site is the best route ...

If you were to search on:
    /new_shop

over the last 2 years this has been posted in numerous ways on breaking down from start to finish a safe backup and upgrade ...

There is also information about this in the Wiki, Tutorials/FAQs and in the /docs of your Zen Cart Download ...

Or, there is the alternative of hiring someone to get the dang thing fixed right and get your computer and domain site in synch once more so this should not be such an issue in the future ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

I hear ya Ajeh but it's just a demo site so I can try to learn stuff I never got down before or test patches before going with the live site; tired of flying by the seat of my pants like I have been. Gosh there are some fun smilies in here now. I think it took me way too long to get a demo site up. But perhaps I'll start from scratch again just for the fun of it. And get better at following instructions.

And what, Ms Ajeh, are you doing surfing this forum on Thanksgiving?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, yes, I've given up on getting the thingy I was gonna work on solved and have been reduced to smiley-land.

Anyway, I am too macho to pay people for stuff. Sadly.

Plugin Contributions

Must be in the jeans ... er ... genes ...

Peek at the current version of Zen Cart v1.3.7.1 ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69769

and play away with that one ...

Or, for giggles and grins, download Zen Cart v1.3.6 from the SourceForge link at the bottom of the page and click on Files ...

Install that version and get it working ...

Next, play at upgrading that version to Zen Cart v1.3.7.1 just for fun ... it really is a good teaching experience ... what's the worse that happens ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast