Plugin Contributions

zencart and phpbb2 on xampp

Hi,

I have searched the forum and can't find an answer, so...

Does phpbb2 work with the zencart installer? I am getting errors....

I have installed xampp local server (with php5.x, mysql5.x, apache, etc ) and it is working. I have also successfully installed phpbb2 (v2.0.21) into a database that I can see in phpmyadmin through the xampp views.

Now I am half way through the zencart install and its asking do I want to use the phpbb forum? Yes! I do. But for some reason, I just can't seem to get the path to the forum right.

I have placed the whole zencart folder in the htdocs file in xampp and renamed it "shop". I have placed the phpbb2 folder in the shop folder and called it "forum".

My xampp server is accessing it fine here. So if i type http://localhost/shop/forum/ in my browser, I get the phpbb2 forum.

Now, I am at the page in the zencart installer where it asks do I want to use phpbb and it asks for the phpbb directory. It says:

"Please supply the full/complete path to where your phpBB script files are stored. This will allow Zen Cart™ to know what path to direct users to when they click on the phpBB link in your store.

"The path entered here is relative to the "root" of your server. So, if your phpBB installation is in /home/users/username/public_html/phpbb , then you need to enter /home/users/username/public_html/phpbb/ here. If it is under another set of subfolders, you need to list those folders in the path.

"We will look to find your "config.php" file in that folder."

Well, I have tried /shop/forum/ and shop/forum/ and shop/forum and /shop/forum - just in case its a dash thing and I am not having any luck. It keeps telling me:

"phpBB config files do not exist ://localhost/shop/forum/config.php"

From reading around other posts to do with zencart / phpbb integration, I get the sense that it is better to do it with the installer, rather than manually afterwards.

I also get that I should point zencart to set up shop in the same database as the forum - but I haven't got to the database setup yet, I'm still stuck on this phpbb2 thing!

Please help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zencart and phpbb2 on xampp

For win, try the physical path:
    e.g.

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', 'C:/xampp/htdocs/shop/forum/');

A New Starter again

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zencart and phpbb2 on xampp

Hey thanks! That actually worked... It must be because it is on a local server.