Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffey View Post
    Third in a row answering my own stuff, takes asking the question though!

Didn't realize that Priority International, in my case, has pretty fixed insurance rates for most Countries (versus rates based on each Country) so I just put those in the zone indicator.

Thank me for my help!
    Jeffey, you're welcome for your help! Next time, you should explain it to yourself a little bit slower because I think you had a hard time understanding yourself. If you make it too difficult, you might not want to help yourself again later on.

Plugin Contributions

You are absolutely AWESOME - I really like the way you explain things!! I'm really new to this & I like the way you explain the details, such as WHERE to find the files and HOW to insert/replace things. It's very helpful to someone like me - I have no idea where a lot of these files are located & what to do with them. You give the "Zen for Dummies" explanations, which is what *I* need!

OK...one more "dummies" question...how do you move/align your checkbox? Mine is to the left, where I want it, but it's above my "click here for insurance" instead of next to it.

Thanks again for all your help!

Plugin Contributions

Never mind...I answered my own question by playing around a little. Just in case anyone else was wondering, I changed the following from float to align. Not sure if both needed to be changed, but it's what I did & it seemed to work! :-)

LABEL.inputLabel {
    width:100%;
    align:left;
    margin:0.3em 0;
    }

LABEL.inputLabelPayment {
    width: 14em;
    align: left;
    padding-left: 0em;
    }

Plugin Contributions

This thread has been very helpful. I believe I have this module just about right.

One thing I need help on. I am using Zone Rates for the Insurance pricing. When I checkout with an order or $275, I get the correct insurance of $4.60. However, it seems that once my order goes over $300, the insurance goes to $0.00.

Why is that?

Here are my Zone rates: 50:1.65,100:2.05,200:2.45,300:4.60,:400:5.50,500:6.40,600:7.30

Here are the rest of my settings:

Enable Insurance Module
    true

Offer Shipping Insurance?
    true

Sort Order

Use Table Rates?
    true

Alternate Insurance Type
    amount

Insurance Percentage

Insurance Rate
    $0.50

Increment Amount
    $100.00

Amount Exempt From Fee
    $1.00

Tax Class
    --none--

No Insurance Fee on Virtual Products
    true

No Insurance Fee on Gift Vouchers
    true

No Insurance Fee on Free Shipping
    false

Required Insurance Amount
    $1,000.00

Insurance Zone 1
    United States

Plugin Contributions

Also, when I checkout with a destination outside of my zone, I see the following error on the page:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSURANCE_COST_0 in /home/mjmmagic/public_html/store/includes/modules/order_total/ot_insurance.php on line 227

Module displays the insurance fieldset when the zone matches (my zone is for the United States only). So when I switched to use a customer from Europe, I see the above error.

Any ideas how to suppress that error from displaying if the customer is outside the insurance table zone?

Plugin Contributions

I should also mention that I only have ONE ZONE configured. You see, I only want to offer insurance to customers within the USA. So I have a Zone which basically has the entire USA within it.

That is the zone 1 that I have configured with the following rates: 50:1.65,100:2.05,200:2.45,300:4.60,:400:5.50,500:6 .40,600:7.30

I don't have any other zones configured with the insurance module.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jeff,
    I don't know if I can be a lot of help, but in order to get mine to calculate the insurance correctly, I set it to use the USPS Rates. Here's what my settings look like:
    Shipping Insurance

Enable Insurance Module
    true

Offer Shipping Insurance?
    true

Sort Order

Use USPS Rates?
    true

Alternate Insurance Type
    percent

Insurance Percentage

Insurance Rate
    $0.50

Increment Amount
    $100.00

Amount Exempt From Fee
    $100.00

Apply Insurance Fee To Which Orders
    both

Tax Class
    --none--

No Insurance Fee on Virtual Products
    true

No Insurance Fee on Gift Vouchers
    true

Not sure if that helps you at all, but I decided to go that route so if/when USPS increases rates again, it will (hopefully) calculate the increase automatically w/o the need to go back in & redo the tables. Hope that helps you some!

Mindy

Plugin Contributions

Mindy,

Thanks for sticking your neck out and trying to help me. :)

Some of your values look different than mine. For example, I don't have anything that says "Use USPS Rates." Mine just says "Use Table Rates." I also don't have any variable that says "Apply Insurance Fee To Which Orders" like you do.

The version I am using is 3.10. Was there another Add-On or something that I may have missed?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    Also, when I checkout with a destination outside of my zone, I see the following error on the page:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSURANCE_COST_0 in /home/mjmmagic/public_html/store/includes/modules/order_total/ot_insurance.php on line 227

Module displays the insurance fieldset when the zone matches (my zone is for the United States only). So when I switched to use a customer from Europe, I see the above error.

Any ideas how to suppress that error from displaying if the customer is outside the insurance table zone?
    I'll look into why it is doing this.

The reason she has different fields is because she is using an older version. The latest version supports multiple zones with a table rate so that you can change the rates from within the admin. The old version had a table rate built into the code that you would have to edit if rates changed. It was called the USPS table. Renaming it to Zones rate is more appropriate as it is not limited to only USPS. You could use the rates from any shipping company.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for looking into that error. If you need me to test anything out, just let me know.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast