Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

If you are NOT using FEC, then you could make it so that the optional insurance doesn't apply if $_SESSION['shipping'] = whatever UPS is identified as.

Pretty simple if you know PHP. If you don't, look into having a programmer do this for you.

Plugin Contributions

I'm currently using Zones for International shipping, and 3 different (cloned) Table modules for the U.S. So far, I can't get the "Use Table Rates?" setting to work...

Now, the main problem is, if I list an "Insurance Rate" of $1.65 (standard for $0.01-$50.00), and have that increase by either $50 or $100 increments, the cost of insurance becomes inaccurate and excessive. Same with using a percentage...

Ideally, I'd like to use the hard-coded method of the older "shipping_insurance" module. Can the below code (from the older module) be integrated into 3.10?

#
    #
    # if (! $_SESSION['insurance']) {
    $charge_it = 'false';
    }
    #
    #
    #
    #
    #
    // use hard-coded usps rates
    if ($ratetable == 'US') {
    if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 50.01) {
    $insurance = 1.65;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 100.01) {
    $insurance = 2.05;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 200.01) {
    $insurance = 2.45;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 300.01) {
    $insurance = 4.60;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 400.01) {
    $insurance = 5.50;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 500.01) {
    $insurance = 6.40;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 600.01) {
    $insurance = 7.30;
    } else {
    $insurance = 7.30 + ((($order->info['subtotal'] - 600) / 100) * 1.05);
    }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrocker View Post
    I'm currently using Zones for International shipping, and 3 different (cloned) Table modules for the U.S. So far, I can't get the "Use Table Rates?" setting to work...

Now, the main problem is, if I list an "Insurance Rate" of $1.65 (standard for $0.01-$50.00), and have that increase by either $50 or $100 increments, the cost of insurance becomes inaccurate and excessive. Same with using a percentage...

Ideally, I'd like to use the hard-coded method of the older "shipping_insurance" module. Can the below code (from the older module) be integrated into 3.10?

#
    #
    # if (! $_SESSION['insurance']) {
    $charge_it = 'false';
    }
    #
    #
    #
    #
    #
    // use hard-coded usps rates
    if ($ratetable == 'US') {
    if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 50.01) {
    $insurance = 1.65;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 100.01) {
    $insurance = 2.05;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 200.01) {
    $insurance = 2.45;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 300.01) {
    $insurance = 4.60;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 400.01) {
    $insurance = 5.50;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 500.01) {
    $insurance = 6.40;
    } else if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 600.01) {
    $insurance = 7.30;
    } else {
    $insurance = 7.30 + ((($order->info['subtotal'] - 600) / 100) * 1.05);
    }
    The rates for UPS are given as the default rates when you first install the module. If you want to keep it this way, do not change anything and put use table rates.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    The rates for UPS are given as the default rates when you first install the module. If you want to keep it this way, do not change anything and put use table rates.
    Hi numinix,

Thanks for your reply. Like I said, I'm not using zones for the U.S. So, as I understand it (per your instructions), that won't work for me. I offer several table shipping methods (priority, firstclass & media mail; based on number of items), so one zone for the U.S. is not an option.

The only way I can make this "work", and not show $0.00 or make it mandatory, is to enter $1.65 in the Insurance Rate field. But increments of that amount quickly exceed the actual postal rates, and I don't really want that - I offer insurance as a service to my customers, not as a means to profit.

Hard-coding the rates (as in the earlier module) is the only thing that came to mind, as a "possible" solution. If that would in fact do the trick, I believe it would be an excellent option - I can't be the only one who would benefit from something like that.

Plugin Contributions

I don't see why you cannot "hard-code" the rates into the tables. That is what the table rate is for. It replaces the hard-coded rates before in exactly the same way but gives people more versatility in changing the rates or adding more rates for different zones.

It already creates a new table for every zone you have defined, what more could you ask for?

Plugin Contributions

I don't see why you cannot "hard-code" the rates into the tables. That is what the table rate is for. It replaces the hard-coded rates before in exactly the same way but gives people more versatility in changing the rates or adding more rates for different zones.

It already creates a new table for every zone you have defined, what more could you ask for?
    For it to work for me. : ) Seriously, this is a great contrib. I'm just trying to figure out how to replicate or incorporate the function of the original.

Just to clarify: I'm using 3 (cloned) table.php modules for U.S. shipping. I ship by count, not weight. I don't use the USPS module. I'm using zones for International shipping. I've tried adding extra zones for the US, but could only get 1 to display during checkout; so I went back to tables.

Either my scenario isn't compatible with this mod, or I'm doing something wrong. Any input would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

if each table.php is set to a different zone of the USA, that means you'd have 3 zones defined in your zones definitions.

This would cause the optional handling fee module to create three tables in your admin. You would then put in the rates in each table for each zone which your table rate module is set to.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your time, numinix.

if each table.php is set to a different zone of the USA, that means you'd have 3 zones defined in your zones definitions.
    What I've been trying to reiterate is, I'm using 3 different shipping methods for the U.S. -- Media Mail, First Class and Priority -- and I've created a separate table.php for each (table.php, table2.php, table3.php).

I just want the "optional" insurance to display during checkout, where it can be added to the desired shipping method; and do so with proper rate increments. This was quickly and easily achieved with the previous ot_insurance module (with the hard-coded rates). Can this be reproduced with 3.10/11?

This would cause the optional handling fee module to create three tables in your admin. You would then put in the rates in each table for each zone which your table rate module is set to.
    If your meaning is literal, I miss the connection. I include handling in the cost of shipping. If you mean additional input fields would be produced, for other values, then I'm still lost...

As you can tell, this really has me stumped... If you or anyone else could walk me thru the necessary steps, to accomplish what I'm trying to do, I'd be forever grateful. Seriously.

Plugin Contributions

As luck would have it, everything is now working correctly. Having tired many combinations of settings and tweaks, I can't relay a clear sequence. But all came together with my last reinstall of the insurance module - what wasn't there with prior reinstalls suddenly appeared! What a relief... Now it's time to back everything up. : )

Plugin Contributions

You need to define your zones BEFORE installing the module or it will not create a seperate table for each zone. They are created dynamically when you press install depending on the number of defined zones.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast