Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

Dude!!!

It is there I just expected it a step before where it shows, color me embarrassed! To bleary last night to even catch it when I was at that page in the check out process.

Sorry for wasting your time though I really needed the mandatory mod so it wasn't a total waste.

It looks like the simple things are tripping me up as I've gotten a little (very) better at putting stuff together.

Got the book and getting better at hunting down the often elusive solutions already posted but gotta remember the basics!

Thanks so much for your time.

Lets see, how can I delete a forum thread...........

Plugin Contributions

Mandatory mod worked like a charm! Thanks again. I'm almost to the cosmetic only point with only a few more functionality issues to go.

Now I'll try and get this to work in my override folders though I guess theoretically they wont get overwritten anyway due to their unique names.

Just in case keeping good records of mods along with their files with copious notes so I don't blow it up next upgrade!

Plugin Contributions

Trying to get the insurance to work reasonably well for both USPS and UPS rates since I use UPS in the U.S. and USPS to other countries.

USPS with rate chart selected works great of course but then UPS rate is significantly higher than actual UPS rates because they are using USPS higher insurance rates.

I've been working with percentages to get them both to be at least close to actual cost but when I use percentage I get this message on checkout step 3:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for zen_add_tax() in ../zencart/includes/functions/functions_taxes.php on line 94

Line 94 reads (along with comment above):
    ////
    // Add tax to a products price based on whether we are displaying tax "in" the price
    function zen_add_tax($price, $tax) {

However, tax appears to be adding correctly, or not showing as it should in every place but my state but message always shows regardless.

Anyone run across this before or figured out a way to have the module work for both USPS and UPS depending on option provided at checkout?

In my case shipping method happens automatically based on U.S./non-U.S. and no choice is given.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

By the way, it appears to only happen with percentage chosen as calculation method.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffey View Post
    By the way, it appears to only happen with percentage chosen as calculation method.
    I'll look into this. :-)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.....again.

I guess most people pick one shipper or another and never have an issue.

I'll stay tuned.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to have the Shipping Insurance Module show on the Shipping Information page instead of the Payment Information page? It makes more sense for my store. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Studio Attivo View Post
    Is there a way to have the Shipping Insurance Module show on the Shipping Information page instead of the Payment Information page? It makes more sense for my store. Thanks!
    Sorry, no, as far as I've designed it, by modifying previous options, that's the way it works. If I could, I would!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Sorry, no, as far as I've designed it, by modifying previous options, that's the way it works. If I could, I would!
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to use it for another purpose. I want to add two options to the shipping page. One option to require a signature to receive the shipment and another option to have Saturday delivery. Each option would have a cost to it that would be added to the order total. The module works great for its intended purpose. I will keep looking for another way. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The Insurance module does not show the additional amount the customer has to pay, (I use Zone Rate Shipping Fee)

My setting: (I also include a screenshot)
    Enable Insurance Module

Do you want to enable this module? To fully turn this off, both this option and the one below should be set to false.

true

Offer Shipping Insurance?
    Do you want to offer shipping insurance?

true

Sort Order
    Sort order of display.

Use USPS Rates?
    Do you want to use USPS Rates?

true

Alternate Insurance Type
    If not using USPS rates, would you like to charge by percentage of cart total, or by a specific amount?

amount

Insurance Percentage
    If using percent, what percentage of subtotal to charge for insurance.

Insurance Rate
    What amount do you want to charge per increment amount.

Increment Amount
    For each how many dollars, ie. the increment amount, of the total(e.g. 100 here and .50 for the rate above would mean 50 cents fee for every 100 of the amount to be insured).

Amount Exempt From Fee
    (Works for Increment Amounts only) Set this to the part of the total that is exempt from the Shipping Insurance. UPS insures the first $100 for free, so I set mine to 100. 0 is ok if none of the total is exempt.

Apply Insurance Fee To Which Orders
    Apply insurance fee for orders sent to the set destination.

both

Tax Class
    Use the following tax class on the insurance fee.
    --none--Taxable Goods

No Insurance Fee on Virtual Products
    Do not charge insurance fee when cart is Virtual Products Only

true

No Insurance Fee on Gift Vouchers
    Do not charge insurance fee when cart is Gift Vouchers Only

true
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast