Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level

Quote Originally Posted by Daphisto View Post
    I got the same error with the "Cannot ADD column get_term_name_field because it already exists." statement. Does anyone know if this is normal? I am upgrading from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 as well.
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    There could be many reasons for this ... some important. Some not.
    Well now. I dug out the original mysql_zencart.sql in zen-cart-v1.3.5-full-fileset-09042006 and it seems that get_term_table and get_term_name_field were already added in the original v1.3.5 install:
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE get_terms_to_filter (
      get_term_name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      get_term_table varchar(64) NOT NULL,
      get_term_name_field varchar(64) NOT NULL,
    But mysql_upgrade_zencart_135_to_136.sql tries to add them again:
    Code:
    # Updating table get_terms_to_filter
    ALTER TABLE get_terms_to_filter ADD get_term_table varchar(64) NOT NULL;
    ALTER TABLE get_terms_to_filter ADD get_term_name_field varchar(64) NOT NULL;
    .... would that explain it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imac View Post
    .... would that explain it?
    Yes ... it explains it completely.

But, since those settings were missed from the upgrade-script for folks upgrading to 1.3.5, they had to be added to the upgrade script for 1.3.6 so folks who never saw any bug reports were brought up to date.

Does that close the gap on understanding it? I didn't detail that earlier, because I was quite convinced that the original poster didn't really care about the exact technical "why" behind it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

... since those settings were missed from the upgrade-script for folks upgrading to 1.3.5, they had to be added to the upgrade script for 1.3.6 so folks who never saw any bug reports were brought up to date.
    Fair do's Doc. But for those of us who do try to keep up-to-date and apply mods and upgrades as meticulously as we can, error messages can be a bit of a shock
    Does that close the gap on understanding it?
    Certainly does. Your good works on this front much appreciated as always But you know how it is. Some of us just can't rest until we know the far end of everything. I know I should be getting out more, but ZC is developing at such a rate there just aren't enough hours in the day to keep on top of it all.
    I didn't detail that earlier, because I was quite convinced that the original poster didn't really care about the exact technical "why" behind it.
    Too true. I would guess probably most ZC users don't. But now you've got me thinking. I don't really understand such things, but suspect that trying to implement a Windows-style, one-click upgrade process would probably be a nightmare which would cost more than it would benefit. But Debian's repository system works brilliantly. Might adding something like that to the route map put ZC not just streets, but whole highways ahead of the competition?

Plugin Contributions

I had the same issue, and this worked for me.

*************Remember to backup your database first***************

********I have only tried this on a 1.3.5 to a 1.3.6 upgrade.**********

Go to the folder that you downloaded Zen Cart into, open the Zen Cart folder and locate the folder “zc_install” , in there you will find a folder called “sql”, open it and find the sql file “mysql_upgrade_zencart_135_to_136.sql”.
    Open this file and copy its contents

Go to tools / install SQL patches.
    Now past the file “mysql_upgrade_zencart_136_to_136.sql”. Into the window and hit send.
    This will update the database to 1.3.6.
    Don’t worry about any messages about “could not install………….
    As you have already installed the files, all you need from this is to add the data.

And remember, “don’t go playing with any Bug Eyed Monsters”.

Plugin Contributions

Pinkbeef,
    While successful for you, this is not the best way to do an upgrade.
    Best practice is to follow http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...tion_-_Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbeef View Post
    I had the same issue, and this worked for me.

*************Remember to backup your database first***************

Go to the folder that you downloaded Zen Cart into, open the Zen Cart folder and locate the folder “zc_install” , in there you will find a folder called “sql”, open it and find the sql file “mysql_upgrade_zencart_135_to_136.sql”.
    Open this file and copy its contents

Go to tools / install SQL patches.
    Now past the file “mysql_upgrade_zencart_136_to_136.sql”. Into the window and hit send.
    This will update the database to 1.3.6.
    Don’t worry about any messages about “could not install………….
    As you have already installed the files, all you need from this is to add the data.

And remember, “don’t go playing with any Bug Eyed Monsters”.
    Your tip worked successfully for me and saved my time. Thank you so much! Hopefully others would be pleased with your tip like I am.

Note: Back up your database and the store to prevent big loss and excessive work to fix the problem.
    You can do anything but hear

SilentMysts

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Pinkbeef,
    While successful for you, this is not the best way to do an upgrade.
    Best practice is to follow http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...tion_-_Upgrade
    This was never intended as a way to upgrade.
    It was the way I resolved the " Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level" issue.

Had you bothered to read the title of this post you would have known that

Plugin Contributions

Actually, my glasses are working okay. As you stated in your post
    I wanted to make sure someone else did not misread it as a miracle cure for upgrade. My wording should not have backwards possibly been.

Plugin Contributions

I tried the 1.35 to 1.36 upgrade SQL and got an error message:
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0', '1'),')' at line 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Define Page-Not-Found Status', 'DEFINE_PAGE_NOT_FOUND_STATUS', '1', 'Enable the Defined Page-Not-Found Text from define-pages?
    0= Define Text OFF
    1= Define Text ON', '25', '67', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

What do I do with THAT?
    Thanks, guys!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You need to do your upgrade by running the zc_install script via your browser .... DO NOT UPGRADE BY USING THE SQL-PATCH TOOL !!!!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast