Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to change product image..?

Hello.
    I have latest zen installed.
    i added same image to few products.. but now i need to have two of those images to show "No Image " graphic that is supplied with zen .
    how can i do that ?
    somone suggested to type NONE in the image upload field , but when i do that , Preview button is no longer works.. and i can not update the page..

any suggestion ?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to change product image..?

If you have Zen Cart v1.3.6 ... just click the Radio Button for Delete Image YES ...

It will remove it from the database for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks..

for some reason i tought that removes the image from the folder

Plugin Contributions

No, because you may be using the image in multiple locations and ways, we only remove it from the database for the Product you specify ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

How about if you don't have v1.3.6 installed yet?

In the process to get there but as of today we are still at 1.3.4 (don't ask, heh), in the meantime it would be great if we could find out how to delete product images. I have the exact same issue as this person.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

i am completely stuck with an image problem.

have saved three types of images, small, _MED, _LRG. all with the same filename but saved on my desktop in small, _MED, and _LRG folders.

i then uploaded all my _MED, to _MED and _LRG to _LRG via ftp, ready for when i uploaded all the small pics.

i then went to the edit product page and attempted to upload small image of the product from my desktop small folder.

but the old picture comes back!

i had already uploaded all the images via the 'add product' pages. some 30-40 images, and the site was working perfectly.

i wanted to replace all the old images with my new small images. the new images have the same filenames. just the actual picture that's changed.

but even though i upload the new image, and check the over write existing file, the old image comes back!!

after this happened a few times, i went in and deleted all the pictures from images via my ftp thinking i would be starting from fresh.

after i uploaded one of my new pics, the file name appeared in images, but the old picture showed on website instead?!?

i then downloaded that picture to my desktop and it WAS the new picture! so where did the old pic come from?

also, if i go to the edit product page, and instead of attempting to upload my new picture, simply check the delete picture button, the old picture disappears.

it only reappears when i try to upload the new picture (which has the same filename).

what am i missing?....

Plugin Contributions

Have you cleared your Browser's cache?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

i am completely stuck with an image problem.

have saved three types of images, small, _MED, _LRG. all with the same filename but saved on my desktop in small, _MED, and _LRG folders.

i then uploaded all my _MED, to _MED and _LRG to _LRG via ftp, ready for when i uploaded all the small pics.

i then went to the edit product page and attempted to upload small image of the product from my desktop small folder.

but the old picture comes back!

i had already uploaded all the images via the 'add product' pages. some 30-40 images, and the site was working perfectly.

i wanted to replace all the old images with my new small images. the new images have the same filenames. just the actual picture that's changed.

but even though i upload the new image, and check the over write existing file, the old image comes back!!

after this happened a few times, i went in and deleted all the pictures from images via my ftp thinking i would be starting from fresh.

after i uploaded one of my new pics, the file name appeared in images, but the old picture showed on website instead?!?

i then downloaded that picture to my desktop and it WAS the new picture! so where did the old pic come from?

also, if i go to the edit product page, and instead of attempting to upload my new picture, simply check the delete picture button, the old picture disappears.

it only reappears when i try to upload the new picture (which has the same filename).

what am i missing?....

Plugin Contributions

Reposting the same question does not help very much and it would be better to instead provide more information ...

Are you sure you are:

1 working on the same server

2 working on the same domain

3 working in the same directory

4 your admin and catalog configuration files are using the same database on the same server:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

If you make a new product, with an unique image, do you see it in your Catalog?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Reposting the same question does not help very much and it would be better to instead provide more information ...

Are you sure you are:

1 working on the same server

2 working on the same domain

3 working in the same directory

4 your admin and catalog configuration files are using the same database on the same server:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

If you make a new product, with an unique image, do you see it in your Catalog?
    firstly, apologies for re-posting. i did not see the reply before and i am new to this so i'm not confident anyone may have actually seen the question. don't know if i'm putting my questions in the right place. is there just a post new question button that i'm missing? at the moment i'm looking for similar things and posting on there...

anyway, i don't know what to say but i think it must have had something to do with my computer or server cos it 'fixed' itself. i gave up on it that day and when i went online next day, it was doing what it was supposed to do.

in answer to your questions. they're all yes....

it would be nice to know for certain what the problem was for future reference so now you know the answers to your questions, are you able to say what was causing it?

have another couple of problems i hope you can help with:

1) when a product comes up a box appears below saying 'customers also bought' - how do i remove this? or change the position? or change the number of rows (can change columns)
    2) in ie7 product appears above, 'also bought' box appears below, with 'add to cart' or 'login for price' button to the right. looks correct. in firefox the 'also bought' box stretches right across so that the add to cart/login button is 'overlayed' over the right hand part of it. i don't know much about firefox and ie but i always hear firefox is better. in this case, it does not appear to be displaying correctly. how do sort this out?
    3) another firefox issue - when you go on main page in ie7 categories display correctly in centre of screen. in firefox, cues an repairs/alterations are 'doubled up'. any ideas?

www.handmadecues.com/zen

thanks for any help you can give :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast