Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default FirstData and 1.3.9h upgrade

Hi, all ... we are soon to upgrade to 1.3.9h from 1.3.7 (yup, it's about time ...). Our host will be doing the upgrade for us, but we wanted to have some idea of what 1.3.9h is about, so I installed Wampserver on a WinXp system, and installed 1.3.9h on it. Everything seemed to be going smoothly through configuration and shipping modules info, until I got to Payment modules. Installed the FirstData/Linkpoint API and tried a couple of live transactions. The first was OK, it was supposed to work as all the info was correct. However, found that you can enter a wrong expiration date, and the payment is still accepted as valid, and you don't even get an email (with 1.3.7 you have to have a valid expiration to continue). You can enter a wrong CC code, and the payment is accepted, but you don't get an email. You get an email if the billing address isn't correct. If you don't enter a CC at all, or if the credit card number is invalid to start with, you get an online message.

Looked around to see if I'd missed a setting somewhere, and searched the forums for a similar problem, but didn't find anything. It may be something in the Wampserver setup but I tend to think the processing wouldn't work at all in that case?

Or I could have missed something else, entirely different.

Version info shows:
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.17 (Win32) PHP/5.2.11

If anyone has had a similar situation, or can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

TIA for any input!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FirstData and 1.3.9h upgrade

so I installed Wampserver on a WinXp system
    Unless you signed up for one of the Dynamic DNS services to link your PC to the Internet with its own dns address then your local WAMP web server is just that - local - and an offline Intranet and not an online Internet web server.

Email and off-site payment modules will not work. You can only test payments with the Check/Money Order module.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Hello, vger, thanks for the quick response ... was not aware of that ... however, we ARE getting emails for new orders, and, as I said, we get an email (of the "Potential Fraudulent Order - Bad Address - Action Required" sort) if the billing address isn't correct. However, the payments may be another item altogether, I expect.

So, with 1.3.9h, should the results be exactly the same as on 1.3.7? That is, an invalid expiration should prevent processing the payment, and an invalid CC produce an email?

I might mention that I also had a bit of a problem installing cURL on the wampserver, and now wonder if I may have messed that up some way. Any recommendations? ... anyone ?

Plugin Contributions

I don't know how you are receiving emails, but then again I use XAMPP as an offline web server and not WAMP. With XAMPP you can try to get Mercury Mail running, but it's a pretty thankless task.

Payment modules require cURL. They shouldn't work offline at all except for the Check/Money Order module, or the old Zen Cart Credit Card module (if you still have that installed).

If you want to properly test a site upgraded to 1.3.9h then you should install it in a folder on your hosting.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

OK, I'll give that a try, moving it to a host site.

Thanks much,

Plugin Contributions

@inovermyhead I'm in the exact same situation as you: upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.9h and testing firstdata payment module. EXCEPT I am testing it from my production server rather than a local test server like you were using. I also noticed that I can put in an incorrect expiration date and the transaction will go through. Has anyone else noticed this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Between 1.3.7 and 1.3.9h there were no changes related to how an expiry date is passed or evaluated. It is simply collected from the customer and passed on to the gateway for processing. Invalid dates are only rejected if the gateway rejects the transaction. There is no way to know otherwise.

Did you properly uninstall and reinstall your FirstData/Linkpoint module after upgrading?

Turn on debug logging and do a transaction, and post the logs here for analysis. Maybe there's an error code coming back that you need to fix in your settings?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

THank you for your prompt response I am going to run a test transaction now and will post the debug logs shortly...

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure that I want to post the logs unless it is absolutely necessary. First off to answer your question, after I completed the upgrade from 1.3.7.1 to 1.3.9h before I took my store out of maintenance mode I uninstalled the linkpoint/first data module and then reinstalled it. from the modules>payment section of the admin portal.

I just enabled debugging and tried another transaction with a different card...this time I put in an incorrect expiration date and an incorrect ccv number and the transaction was declined.

Next I tried the same transaction with the correct CCV but an incorrect expiration date and the transaction was processed.

Finally I tried another transaction with a different card that I usually use to make test transaction with for the site and I put an incorrect expiration date and CCV and the transaction was process successfully.

I hope there is something wrong with my configuration...thanks for all of your help Dr. Byte =)

I'm looking at the debug logs and I dont really see much info of use for you but if you want I could PM them to you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, please PM them to me.

If indeed the response coming back from FirstData is saying that the transaction is accepted, and it's charging the card, then you'll likely need to talk to FirstData about why it's not rejecting something you think it should be rejecting.

Just to clarify: you DO have the module set into "LIVE: Production" mode, right?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast