Plugin Contributions

Default AUSPOST - Australia Post Module Extensions

G'day,

First I'd like to thank Gerard et al for this wonderful AUSPOST module.

I'm wondering if anyone has extended it though.

It seems the current version of the module can't properly support Australia Post's way of handling Registered Post and Additional Insurance.

If you configure in the the registered post and insurance information, then the module forces all items to be registered post and insured.

It would be better if the module showed the basic postage, the extra for registered post, and the extra for insurance. Then let customers select if they were going to pay the extra for registered post or insurance. Naturally, we'd want to override the choice so as to always force registered post if so desired, but have additional insurance still optional.

In Zen Cart, COD is a payment option. But we have no way to show clients what COD postage and handling will cost. This could be another AUSPOST module option.

Has anyone tackled these issues? Or have you found ways to work around them?

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AUSPOST - Australia Post Module Extensions

Hi, I am also wondering the same thing for this module. It works great except that customers don't have the choice of whether to have insurance or not.

Has anyone overcome this problem somehow?

Cheers
    Graeme

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swecs View Post
    Hi, I am also wondering the same thing for this module. It works great except that customers don't have the choice of whether to have insurance or not.

Has anyone overcome this problem somehow?

Cheers
    Graeme
    Use the Austpost Improved.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=471

Plugin Contributions

Thanks
    Can this version handle orders over 20kg (by splitting into multiple packages)?

Cheers
    Graeme

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swecs View Post
    Thanks
    Can this version handle orders over 20kg (by splitting into multiple packages)?

Cheers
    Graeme
    Splitting into multiple packages based on weight is a function/feature of zencart itself, therefore all shipping modules will/should support this.

The AP module has code for additional splitting based on parcel dimensions.

Please keep in mind that neither of these splittings are perfect. If you request a quote on a 40kg item or an item that is 2meters long, the code will quite happily split it and provide a quote, but that doesn't mean it will by physically possible or practical to do so.

In theory it'll give you a quote to mail your house by Australia post, as long as you are happy to send it a few bricks at a time. :-)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

We are using1.3.8a version of Zencart. We are experiencing problems with our Aust post shipping module. Our customers cannot purchase due to this, a message appears:
    Shipping Method:
    This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

We have just upgraded the module to see if it makes a difference but it still doesn't register thast it has been installed. I now have had 3 x experts working on it and we cannot find a problem. I have contacted my hosts who have checked file, zoning, cURL and proxy settings. Can you help??

Danielle Spalding
    www.fashionamour.com.au

Plugin Contributions

I am using this module and am finding the same problem ... I have regular parcel enabled as well as express and registered and insured, and it only gives one option when people check out.

How do we get it to show the options?

(v 1.3.8a, on php 5.2.8)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stormieau View Post
    I am using this module and am finding the same problem ... I have regular parcel enabled as well as express and registered and insured, and it only gives one option when people check out.

How do we get it to show the options?

(v 1.3.8a, on php 5.2.8)
    AUSPOST doesn't support express or registered. Ozpost http://ozpost.net does.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thats odd, my version of the Australia Post module has registered and express post. I do not have Ozpost. Feel free to view at equestrienne.com.au

However I am having problems with it at the moment as it appears to be overcharging my customers, particularly overseas ones. :-(

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Thats odd, my version of the Australia Post module has registered and express post.
    Nothing odd, other than you are using "AUSTPOST" not "AUSPOST".

I do not have Ozpost.
    Ozpost is the latest stage of evolution for these module(s).

However I am having problems with it at the moment as it appears to be overcharging my customers, particularly overseas ones. :-(
    I regret that I'm unable to help.. Thje code you are using is now so old that I no longer remember even the most common of faults (Nor do I wish to spend any time reviewing historical data).

If you need/require support I will be happy to help as long you upgrade to ozpost.

Cheers
    Rod