Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v139] Discount coupon zone restrictions (1.3.6)

Zen Cart 1.3.6 announces "Discount coupons can now be restricted to only be usable if the customer's Billing Address matches the selected zone (ie: a 10%-off coupon could be set to apply only to US customers) ".

I haven't gotten this to work correctly nor can I find any further documentation. When I attempt to use the coupon code for a test order with a billing address *outside* the valid zone, it incorrectly lets me use the coupon and get to step 3 of 3 in the checkout process. However if I then click "checkout" to start the checkout process again (so that the coupon code is remembered, I suppose), I see the error message when step 2 loads: "The coupon code you entered is not valid for the address you have selected"... but it still lets me go to step 3 if I type in the code again. Is this a bug or do I have something set up wrong?

I am trying to create free shipping over $59 for a certain category of products. I create a "United States" zone in the Zone Definitions admin associated with "United States" for country and "All Zones" for zone. (Though ideally I'd love to be able to choose the lower 48 states without adding 48 of them by hand...)

Any ideas?

Bjornar

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount coupon zone restrictions (1.3.6)

You should get a warning on checkout_payment saying that the coupon is not acceptable ...

However, when the payment is selected it does pass you on to the checkout_payment and although the discount coupon was not accepted it says it was ...

Moving this to Bug Reports ... thanks for the update
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This is still a problem in Zen Cart 1.3.7.1, and it is more than just a messaging issue -- the coupon *is* accepted and it lets the customer complete the order as long as they don't back up a step or reload the final page... and the completed order does have the free shipping discount incorrectly applied).

Has anyone developed a patch/fix for this issue?

Plugin Contributions

This is still a problem in 1.3.7 and we regularly have orders with the free shipping coupon code applied in zones it is not supposed to be allowed for according to the rules... so this is a costly bug.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this problem or posted a fix. Am I the only one experiencing it? It is getting painful enough that I will probably try to figure out how to fix it myself soon if no one already has a fix...

Plugin Contributions

I'm using 1.3.8a and have the same problem. I have supposedly restricted overseas zones for free shipping with a discount coupon, yet an overseas customer just used the discount coupon and got free shipping.

You're right, this is a costly bug!!

Any fixes yet?

Plugin Contributions

How is your Zone defined?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I think I may have discovered the problem--it possibly relates to the zone codes.

Our webstore is setup to offer free shipping to Australian customers only. An overseas customer from Washington, USA, used our free shipping code and was successful, even though the discount coupon had been restricted to Australia only.

Australia has a state called Western Australia (WA) which is an identical zone code with Washington (WA), USA. It appears that the zone code has been overriding the zone country id. I have tried other USA states and the discount coupon did not work successfully (as we would expect). So, it appears the identical codes are causing the problem.

Do you have a fix for this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount coupon zone restrictions (1.3.6) - Fix

I have been looking at coupons this week and came across the same problem. I am using version 1.3.8a.

I have just found a bug in /modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

The zone restriction check is missing when a coupon is first added. It is only checked subsequently to capture changes in the billing address.

The fix involves a change to one function: collect_posts().
    The zone restriction check needs to be copied from the first half of the function to the latter half.

I have attached an updated version of ot_coupon.php.

Habib
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for posting this, gmail!

Based on my testing so far, it seems to work as expected on our site.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Habib!

There is still one issue that may need to be resolved. It is still possible for a customer to use a discount coupon in a restricted zone IF their billing address is located in an unrestricted zone. For example, one of our Australian customers (entitled to a free postage discount coupon) could use their coupon to mail an order to a friend in the USA for no cost (since the billing address overrides the mailing address).

Is their a solution for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast