Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default problem searching products in Admin

Hi, I am having trouble searching through my products in the admin part of my page. I search for a product's model number that I can see is clearly in the category and the search comes up with nothing (again this is seaching within the admin part of the site). Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem searching products in Admin

I cannot reproduce this problem regardless of depth of the product within the categories ...

What version of Zen Cart are you running?

Clean install or an upgrade? If an upgrade, what version were you and how did you do it?

Have you an add-ons in the Admin?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm running ZC v1.3.6.

Upgraded from a v1.3.5 clean install. I upgraded from v1.3.5 exactly as laid out in the readme doc for upgrading.

I am operating with the following add ons:
    1) User tracking
    2) Easy Populate
    3) About Us Page
    4) Viewable Pricelist
    5) MAP Pricing
    6) Email confirmation

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have about 8,000 products I need to add descriptions for, but I want to add the most in-demand ones first so the search function is really essential.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

i'm having the same problem I can search by product model fine in the front end but when i search admin for a product model i get nothing and i can see the product when i view the category so i know it's there.

I've got a fresh install of 1.3.6 only addon is easy populate v1.2.5.4

of note might be the fact the EP file i imported into the database is probably from a 1.3.5 version of zen cart not sure if there were database changes in 1.3.6 or if that even makes any difference but i figured it was worth mentioning. I've just started setting up my store and so far this is the only problem i've encountered.

Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Just to rule out issues ... based on the number of Add-ons etc.

Have you tried a clean install of Zen Cart v1.3.6 into a clean directory such as /new_shop using a clean database, username and password?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ok this is interesting. Out of curiosity i created a test product and put it in a category and tried to search by product model and it worked perfectly. so the problem seems to be the EP file i imported into the database, as far as searching in admin, otherwise the EP file i imported seems to be fine. i can search for the test product i created but if i search for something inserted with the EP file i get nothing.

Plugin Contributions

That is interesting. I never had this problem with EP when I was using ZC v1.3.5. I checked out my database and it appears that the same thing happens. Items I created just using the 'create product' button the the categories/products section of admin show up on the search fine. However, when I search for any products added through a bulk EP upload, they don't show up even though I can see that the product is clearly there. I'm not sure whether this is an EP problem or a ZC problem or both?

Plugin Contributions

Using phpMyAdmin ... browse the products table to your database ...

If you Edit a Product that you cannot search for, do you find spaces before or after the products_model or any other strange characters such as tabs?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

ok, editing a product in ZC doesn't show any spaces before or after or any other characters i checked several different products.

phpmyadmin in the products table doesn't show any spaces or other characters either it all looks good. this has me puzzled

I'm gonna mess around with the ep file perhaps import it again and see what happens.

Plugin Contributions

Any luck yet?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast