Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: account creation bug when displaying create-account-success page

You're saying that:
    1. this is a fresh v1.3.6 install with NO addons ? Yes, I haven't added anything to this store.

2. switching to "classic" template has the same effect? Not sure I understand what you mean by "switching" to classic. For now I'm putting everything in my classic folder. This is the template I'm using. After I get it all working I copy all my files over to a renamed folder to use as my override folder.

3. you can create an account, but *always* get the indicated error? Well I've only tried 2x to create an account and yes both times I got the error. Just for laughs, I created a new test account this time NOT choosing the newsletter option. I get the same blue "primary address" box with the continue button. I clicked continue and it takes me right back to the Welcome Please Sign In page.

4. you can see the account in the admin? Yep, I am able to see all 3 test accounts.

5. the address info as seen in the admin is correct? Yes, I just checked again, all info is the same as I entered it.
    6. you cannot log in using this account ? No, when I log in it takes me right back to the Welcome, please log in page.

7. you cannot access My Account to review the information ? There is no My Account to view! I have 2 things sitting in a cart, I know I should be able to see those but My Account isn't even an option on top.....or anywhere for that matter.

What version of PHP? 4.4.4
    What version of MySQL? 4.1.21 standard log
    What operating system is your server running? Linux 2.6.9-42ELsmp

Plugin Contributions

Tried it in both FireFox (v2) and IE6 - I can't seem to duplicate a problem. Was able to complete the registration and am logged into both accounts.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just created an account on your site with no problem.
    I can log into it fine.
    I can access My Account fine.
    I can place an order fine. Checkout completes fine.

What browser are you using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

IE 7........wouldn't be suprised to find that's the whole problem

Plugin Contributions

I just tested it in Firefox and I also was able to create a new account just fine. Perhaps a cache issue? Or maybe it's an issue with IE7?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just logged in fine via IE7

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well go figure! I dunno, I guess I'll try it again tomorrow after a reboot and see if I continue to have the same problem. I appreciate the point in the right direction with the fix though. It's been very helpful.

Plugin Contributions

No they aren't. DrByte, would you give signing up into my store a shot, as of right now it is unpatched with the initialized array, so it gives me errors in ff2. Plus I also just noticed that I can't log in with ff2. I can with safari though.
    Last edited by unn; 8 Nov 2006 at 04:29 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You can't log in because your server isn't set up properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to let you know that my problem has been solved and I am able to create a new account just fine now. Mine seemed to be a cache issue after applying that small patch that was mentioned in this thread. Thank you to everyone who took the time to test my store!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast