Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add link on top menu bar

I'm installing a shop to our digiscrapsite, and I would like to include a link back to the forum in the top menu bar - where it says home and login on the shops main page.

How do I do this?

www.wedoscrap.com/shop

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add link on top menu bar

You could do that here: includes/templates/template_default/common
    `Inside the above "common" folder is a file named "tpl_header.php", download a copy to your desktop. Open the file with a text editor and find;
    Code:
    <!--bof-navigation display-->
    <div id="navMainWrapper">
    <div id="navMain">
        <ul class="back">
        <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    <?php
          } else {
            if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
    <?php }?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="navMainSearch forward"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sideboxes/search_header.php'); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </div>
    <!--eof-navigation display-->
    Replace the above with;
    Code:
    <!--bof-navigation display-->
    <div id="navMainWrapper">
    <div id="navMain">
        <ul class="back">
        <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    <?php
          } else {
            if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>
    <li><a href="http://www.wedoscrap.com/forum/index.php">Forum</a></li>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
    <?php }?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="navMainSearch forward"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sideboxes/search_header.php'); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </div>
    <!--eof-navigation display-->
    The line in red is the added portion to the original code.

Next, go into includes/templates/classic open your classic template folder and add a new folder named "common". Upload your modified desktop file "tpl_header.php" into the "common" folder. You should then be able to view the new link in your top navigational bar.

If you are worried about making mistakes, just PM me... as I still have the modified tpl_header.php file on hand that I could simply send you.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot, that did it :)

I am not familiar with the php codes, but there is some kind of sence in it after all

Plugin Contributions

You're welcome. I'm glad you got it working... I figured you could.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

It has been a while since this thread has been active so i hope someone is able to help.

I have done the steps above and the link does appear, but it moves all of the links to the left side of the screen for some reason, so they are in the way of the logo.

I cannot figure out why or how to get the links to stay on the other side.

Any help appreciated!

Another thought: i probably have a much newer version of zencart - 1.3.9h.

Plugin Contributions

NEVERMIND... i had ftp issues it still works for 1.3.9h its the same code still for the file

Plugin Contributions

this is a GREAT addition as I am looking for the 'forum' link as well. Two quick questions, one what needs to be added to make that open in a new window?

Also, is it possible to make an entire button on the menu bar do the same thing? If you look at my site I replaced the header 'specials' with 'forun' but it still soes to a specials page. I can add text and a link but I'd prefer it to just open a new window on press...

the site is www.electronicCrap.com (I know catchy)... it's been a work in process but was quickly thrown together

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

EDIT...

{edit} just figured out part one edit the line with an:
    <li><a href="http://www.MYSITE.com/forum/index.php" target="_blank">Forums</a></li>

But I would love if anyone could help with the 'tab' link
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Hello there,

I have a related question in regards to the top menu, and when changing my template to this template as below, the Top Menu and (also the footer items) just goes missing and I don't know why (using 1.3.9h:

http://www.zenflavor.com/demo3/

Our site:
    http://www.ellegardtrading.com/store/

Any ideas? If I shift over to the previous template I had (LiteGreen from 12Leaves) or the default Zencart template the top menu bar items reappear.

Cheers,
    J

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JanK123 View Post
    Hello there,

I have a related question in regards to the top menu, and when changing my template to this template as below, the Top Menu and (also the footer items) just goes missing and I don't know why (using 1.3.9h:

http://www.zenflavor.com/demo3/

Our site:
    http://www.ellegardtrading.com/store/

Any ideas? If I shift over to the previous template I had (LiteGreen from 12Leaves) or the default Zencart template the top menu bar items reappear.

Cheers,
    J
    Those items are not related to any template. You have not added any items with Ez-Pages. The top and bottom menu items are created in your admin with Ez-Pages:

Admin > Tools > Ez-Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast