Plugin Contributions

Default Category thumbnails and product info on same page??

I have been trying for days on end to get my template to look like this: http://www.frontporchweb.com/zencart/example.htm. Ideally, my client would like the following behavior: When a user clicks on a category from the lower left, i.e. Inspired Collection, the product thumbnails will load in the top of the left column. When the user rolls over the thumbnail, the product info on the right (center column) changes. Alternatively, when the user clicks on a thumbnail (as opposed to a rollover), the product info loads into the center column.

I'm having a hard time combining the product_list and product_info modules to load on the same page. Also, can't figure out how to load product thumbnails in left column.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!

Shelly

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category thumbnails and product info on same page??

Is more additional information needed to help me with this problem? I am familiar with php, so I have been trying to add debugging statements to see if I can figure out where I might change the code for this. I would prefer to change it in the admin, or with an extension if possible, to make upgrades easier.

Plugin Contributions

OK, so I think I'm getting a little closer. I installed the column_layout_grid contribution, so my thumbnails are appearing as they should. Now, I just want to combine the product thumbnails and the product info on the same page.

You can see what I mean by going here. If you click on one of the products, you go to the product info page. I want to combine these two pages so that the thumbnails always appear at the top of the page. As they click on the thumbnails, the product name/description/price/image dynamically appear below.

Is there a way to do this??

Plugin Contributions

One more try...

Can I customize a sidebox that contains a product_listing? That way I could have the thumbnails appear in a sidebox, and when they click on a thumbnail, the product_info could display in the center column on the main page.