Plugin Contributions

Default Adding Graphic to Bottom of Cart Sidebox

I have tried reading through some of the other customization options available for sideboxes, but they don't seem to tackle exactly what I would like to do.

Goal is: Add a security graphic/logo to the bottom of the shopping cart sidebox. This way when people see the cart at the side with their items, they also see the little security sticker underneathe that and feel...well...safer. This is more visible than putting it at the bottom of the screen and less "cluttered" than placing it in a separate sidebox.

I suspect I need to edit the tpl_shopping_cart.php file in the /includes/templates/custom/sideboxes/
    but where should I add the image tag - and is it necessary for me to add some special code around that to prevent the rest of the code from malfunctioning?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Graphic to Bottom of Cart Sidebox

Since the shopping cart only shows up on the page after something is added to the cart you may want to leave it on a side box of add a link to ezpages called site security or to an about us page.

I like that kind of stuff in the footer, that way it does not clutter up the sides but can be seen.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Graphic to Bottom of Cart Sidebox

Quote Originally Posted by usernamenone View Post
    Since the shopping cart only shows up on the page after something is added to the cart you may want to leave it on a side box of add a link to ezpages called site security or to an about us page.

I like that kind of stuff in the footer, that way it does not clutter up the sides but can be seen.
    Actually, the merchant has changed the setting to always show the shopping cart, so that is not an issue. Apparently his security audit company requires that the sticker be in plain view (so you do not have to scroll down to see it). I did originally recommend that we put it in the footer (where the SSL cert sticker is right now), and for the time being we placed the security sticker in the header, just beside some graphics and links.

So the question remains - is it possible to fulfill my client's request to place a graphic tag in the shopping cart sidebox, and if so, can someone please point me in the right direction? I am concerned about adding any code to the tpl_shopping_cart....in the /templates/sideboxes directory. I certainly do not want to break that sidebox.