Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sort order for linked product?

On the Showcase, hit the link at the top of the page for: Live Showcase Shops

On the sort order, I can see where this is a problem ...

Do all of the Categories group like that where you have a Gang of Products and then a "Thing" with all its peices and parts?

I am trying to see if maybe Name or Model or Sort Order 1 and Sort Order 2 would help ...

Or, you would have to get crafty on the Sort Order on the Products themselves where within the large Category they sort and then still keep the sort in a smaller block of products ...

I don't off the top of my head see an easy solution to this without getting into some fancy code to manage this sorting on a per category basis ...

The only workable solution that I can see is to have the products_to_categories table (or a clone similar to this) where you would have the:
    products_id
    categories_id
    sort_order

and define the sort_order within the products_id of a given categories_id ...

Tie that into the initial sort, and then the customer can keep that sort or sort in their own method ... but you appear to have removed the Sort Order choices ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sort order for linked product?

Yeah a lot of the categories group like that anyway. I think that this is a problem that you run into when you have that many products and some shared in multiple categories but not all categories prioritize the products the same.. if that makes sense. On some of the smaller categories I have gotten creative with the sorting, but need to spend a little more time looking at the larger ones.

I will give your suggestions a try and let you know what happens. I appreciate you taking time to check it out. You're awesome!

Oh and I did submit the site to the showcase.

thanks,
    -Buck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12