Plugin Contributions

Default Payment Without Leaving the Website

I am currently using PayPal as the only option to pay on my website.
    With PayPal (Standard), when the customer checks out, the process drives him to PayPal's website.
    I'm looking for a low cost solution, something of the sort of PayPal, which doesn't do that, and all the ordering process within the website.
    Have you had any experience and can recommend one of the modules in offer? I'm using Zen Cart 1.3.2 currently, and the URL is www.getkinky.com.au/bdsm_warehouse/, please note it is an 'adult' website, and enter only if you're not offended, and are over 18/21 blah-blah ;-)

Cheers,
    Alex

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Without Leaving the Website

Well, I dont think its a good idea to get payment inside your site.
    It will always make your customer think about security
    Why would you want to dot that?
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!

Plugin Contributions

Well...when you have payments inside your website, you control the process. For PayPal's standard payments, they direct the customer to a page where he should login to his PayPal account, and give a rather hidden option to pay without being registered, using his credit card. That may deter customers from completing the transaction, and I'm sure it does.
    The other thing is that once the customer finishes the purchase, he's left "outside the store", which is not good and I don't think it's a nice shopping experience either.
    I know that there's something similar to PayPal called Paymate, for example. I know that Paymate opens a popup window in which the customer enters his credit card details. I'm not sure if that's a good option though, and would like to get that info from people who have experienced other payment methods that are not PayPal. I do not seek to have the payments actually performed on my website, but rather for the facility to be more seamless than what PayPal does.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

The other thing is that once the customer finishes the purchase, he's left "outside the store", which is not good and I don't think it's a nice shopping experience either.
    You can define the relay URL using paypal too
    Please correct me if I am wrong
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!

Plugin Contributions

If you've set Paypal up correctly, then the client should be returned to your site after payment is made.

And I would say that only first time Paypal users MAY have a little bit of trouble noticing the pay without account option...and to cater for those, you could advise them on YOUR site prior to making payment.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking that the customer is redirected to the website after the process back to your website, BUT only if he/she used a PayPal account. If I am not mistaking, if the customer used a CC to pay for the transaction, he stays in the same PayPal page.

Regarding the hidden "no PayPal account" option, I think that most people don't have a PayPal account, and we can't afford losing a significant portion of those customers. It's not a nice service either, having someone choosing items and deciding to purchase, and then making it difficult for him to find the way to checkout.

So...any experience with a good alternative for PayPal that:
    a) Does not make the customer leave the website (pop-up is fine, I think)
    b) Manages its own security
    c) Does not make every effort to attract new users, on the expense of our business
    ?

Many thanks, again

Plugin Contributions

There are a multitude of payment gateways available, and I don't think any one person could really advise you because no-one else knows your business requirements, and depending where you are in the world, there may be some options not available to you..or some that are only available to you as a trader in that country.

Paypal is cheap to set up and probably the most well known, but "proper" payment gateways include the likes of Worldpay, SecureTrading, Protx...the list goes on and on! Most of them offer options to do it all on your site (but you've already been advised against that for the security issues - e.g. you're supposed to store any cc details on a completely separate server) and options to do the actual transaction on their secure servers; that usually allows you to customise the transaction page to seamlessly integrate with your site.

I suggest you research via google, then come back with a list of those which suit you (if you need further advice) - then the community here may be able to share their experiences if relevant. Searching these forums for Payment Gateway or Merchant Accounts may also help.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart