Plugin Contributions

Default Several issues - help, please :)

Issue #1 - I need to change my "add to cart" buttons. I also need to add a button next to the "add to cart" (I want to have "add to cart" and "checkout now" next to each other). I'm not sure what to edit to get that second ("checkout now") button in there. i know what file to edit, and where, I just don't know what to put there.

The image paths to the buttons also seem to refuse to change. I have my default template selected in the admin. I've also created a file (includes/templates/MY TEMPLATE/buttons) to upload my images to - I kept the same name as the defaults. I even created an "overwrite" file in includes/languages/english/MY TEMPLATE/button_names.php just to be sure it's there. But it's still pointing to the buttons in the template default instead of my new custojm ones.

Issue #2 - This is a photography site. Each image can come in 4 different ways: 8x10, 12x16, greeting card and a set of small postcard/notes with envelopes. I set attributes for each image, but I don't see anywhere that I can put in a quantity box for each attirbute - all there is is a checkbox, and when the end user checks more than one attribute, it applies the quantity to *only* the first item checked. I installed a little plugin called "Stock By Attributes" but it doesn't really do much that I've seen. So the way it's set up now will not do - I need to have a quantity box next to each attribute, and when "Add to Cart" is hit, I need *everything* submitted to the cart.

I was thinking I could somehow edit the templates/MY TEMPLATE/templates/product_info_display (or tpl_modules_attributes.php) so that there would be a little input box to show up next to each attribute, but I wan't sure how to code the input box to know which attribute was being selected...plus I don't know which file to edit for sure.

Issue #3 - when the end user goes to the shopping cart to start the checkout process, it's only showing the product image and name in the cart. I also need it to show the attribute selected. Would anyone know how I can change that?

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Several issues - help, please :)

Well, I got a few things figured out. STuff is now being added to the cart (how I fixed that, I don't know!)

But I'm still having issues with my custom buttons showing up. *One* of them is. The others are not, and I can't figure out why. (If I put in the direct URL, I can see them through the browser just fine - but they are still showing the wrong path to the buttons - I don't get it.)

I also can't seem to get input boxes for each attribute. Anyone have any ideas? I *really* need these things figured out, and I'm stuck!

Plugin Contributions

Okay - now I'm only stuck on the attributes thing. Is there no way we can place an input box next to each attribute, so people can put in how many of each differnet attribute they want? So, for example, if someone wants one 8x10 matted print *and* 2 sets of greeting cards, right now, they'd have to go back and forth to add them to the cart. Is there not a way we can have them enter *both* on the product details page and add everything to the cart all at once?

Plugin Contributions

This is precisely one of the best ways to utilize attributes.

Set the product with no price and priced by attributes.

create attrib names and assign attrib values to these names.

Associate these with the product and set the prices. Try check boxes first

i.e.
    picture

5x7 price
    8x10 price
    11x14 price
    cards price
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Right...I've done that. I'm using checkboxes at the moment. But yes - Priced by attribute, names and assigned values to them - all been done. But I can't get input boxes instead of checkboxes. What they want is to have an input box next to each attribute so people can select more than one item at a value that's different than another item's value (I hope that makes sense!) But I can't find anything that will do that - all I can get is the regular "Add to cart" and the one input field beneath all of the attributes.

I've tried making the checkboxes textboxes instead, but that doesn't do anything (I figuyred it wouldn't, but it was worth a shot). I'm happy to work on code, but I just don'e know *where* to do that, exactly, or what to input to make the checkboxes input values instead.
    Last edited by doodlebee; 28 Nov 2006 at 04:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Plugin Contributions

You should look at the code for the add to cart qty input box...you will have to clone this code and apply it correctly to the attributes
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Okay - I was *thinking* that might be what I would have to do, but I was hoping there was a better way than trial and error (which is how good I am at PHP!)

Well, if I *do* get it figured out, I'll definitely post it here. But thanks!