Plugin Contributions

Default Endicia for Mac? and Zen Cart

Hello!

I notice there is a contribution called Zen Cart Order Manager. Looks great but requires "Order Integrator" which is a windows only app.

Has anyone had any success intergrating Endicia/Mac/Dazzle with zen cart without a windows only app?

I contacted Endicia for mac, who sent this info:

"Our software should process the same XML file
    that ZenCart generates (we use the same format
    that Dazzle does), you can drag it onto the app
    icon or choose process external XML file from the
    File menu, however, from this manual PDF you sent
    over, it looks like ZenCart is using a custom
    Windows based order management program to create
    the XML file, I'm not sure if they have a Mac
    version."

I am new to XML and not sure how to use/configure. I found an Endicia for mac forum from 2005:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ht=endicia+mac

which mentions Endicia for Mac and a URL....

Is this the way to go? If so how?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Endicia for Mac? and Zen Cart

Hey dharma,

I'm on the hunt for the same thing. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by peggyc View Post
    Hey dharma,

I'm on the hunt for the same thing. I'll let you know if I find anything!
    I have spoken with Endicia some months ago, regarding this, this was their reply:

"We are working on an XML interface tool, but it is still in development. Alternately, you may want to look at other options on the http://mac.endicia.com/extras/ page, such as the URL method. The XML programming is not an easy thing, and a lot of us don't understand it completely".

It might be a good idea to bug them a little on this, as they are the only mac mail client, they should offer some of Endicia's PC side features to mac users ...I will keep you posted...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    It might be a good idea to bug them a little on this, as they are the only mac mail client, they should offer some of Endicia's PC side features to mac users ...I will keep you posted...
    Thanks for the heads up, Dharma. I will definitely make it known that there's some demand for this! They really are the only game in town for Mac users.

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=dharma;296090]Hello!

I notice there is a contribution called Zen Cart Order Manager. Looks great but requires "Order Integrator" which is a windows only app.
    /QUOTE]

Actually the Zencart plug in for "Order Integrator" doesn't work, and the author is now MIA. So amazingly there is no working zencart/endicia solutions on windows either.

All I want is to check the last X number of orders, and then click a button and have all the postage paid labels print. It's crazy that this option isn't available.

Originally we handled shipping labels by manually cutting and pasting each and every customer shipping address into the UPSP click n ship website. This of course takes forever to copy over each line of the shipping address. There is no batch upload option on the USPS website which is just ridiculous. USPS should just hire a programmer to work for a couple weeks to add this feature. Surely this would save many thousands of hours that are wasted by people manually entering the addresses.

Eventually I came up with a Javascript hack that allows me to click a single button which automatically copies the address into the USPS website. The same hack also gets around the stupid 10 label limit. Although vastly improved over the completely manually way (that apparently everyone with Zencart uses?), it still takes way too long if I need to print 30 or 40 shipping labels.

I want one click shipping and I want it now!... dammit. :)

For those of you printing 20-50 labels a day, how in god's name are you doing this???

Plugin Contributions

I am another Zen user interested in incorporating some sort of Endicia for Mac functionality into my store. I think that the URL feature that Endicia offers would work very well. It would be great to have a "print label" button to click on from the admin orders page and then have the address and shipping information automatically ported over to Endicia. Now, if only I knew a bit more about PHP I would try to develop this. But, hopefully there is someone else who has the knowledge to do this.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Contribution Start:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]SHINE Live Help Sidebox[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Still cutting and pasting addresses

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I got it to work. Still some bugs to work out; mostly around shipping method selection. I don't have an easy solution for that as the shipping method selection varies widely from shop to shop.

However, we use premium Dazzle where it monitors a path for files (I set it to 5 seconds), otherwise, it might be possible to use the "import".

I haven't yet built in an option to add them to the address book, just processes the shipment, but that should be pretty quick.

Contact me if you want more information.

Albert