Thread: hideCategories

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: hideCategories

So I read the readMe carefully, ran the SQL in ZenCart admin (then in mysqladmin to make sure), edited the category I wanted to hide by choosing "hidden" and then logged on to my shop.

Problem is, I can still see the category in the categories list and in the parent category's contents.

I hope I'm being stupid but only if someone can point out exactly why. Any help would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ralyn View Post
    Is it possible to hide a category from general customers - but make it visible to groups with this? I'm wanting a way to hide Consultant supplies from the general customers, but make them available for purchase to my Consultants. I have the Consultants set up for group pricing.

Here is the site I'm working on:
    http://www.undertherainbow-gifts.com

I want the Consultants and Distributors to be able to view and purchase marketing and sales supplies without the general customers seeing it.
    yes, i also want this to work in my site wherein there are categories where are hidden to public.

thankz

Plugin Contributions

You were right not to respond Mr Mack ... I had three problems you see:

1. My template was not YOUR_TEMPLATE
    2. Version 1.3.0.2 does not have the function zen_get_new_date_range() ... I commented it out
    3. In reference to point 1 ... I am a tool

It works, it's good

Plugin Contributions

Good to know ;)

Incidentally... I wasn't ignoring you. I try to respond to every post (at least the ones that I can think of a reasonable response to) but I've always had a problem with this zen-cart.com site NOT NOTIFYING ME when there is a reply to a thread I am subscribed to. Sometimes I get them (like this time) but sometimes I don't (like your original post).

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

I installed the mod but I can't find anything in the admin to turn it on? I re looked it over and I changed all the my_template folders and ran the sql file so I don't understand, is anyone else had this problem, and where in the admin should it be? any help would be great.

Plugin Contributions

HI There
    installed and working fine BUT
    the "hidden" category still appears in the TOP menu underneath the image logo? Have i missed something? On 1.38

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by colemanpa View Post
    I installed the mod but I can't find anything in the admin to turn it on? I re looked it over and I changed all the my_template folders and ran the sql file so I don't understand, is anyone else had this problem, and where in the admin should it be? any help would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidandrews View Post
    HI There
    installed and working fine BUT
    the "hidden" category still appears in the TOP menu underneath the image logo? Have i missed something? On 1.38

thanks
    A little reading goes a long way. Colemanpa, your answer is in the readme file. David, yours is in this thread somewhere because I know I answered it before... its also in the readme less directly under "Limitations". The site I developed it for doesn't use that top menu so it wasn't part of the contrib.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

I apologise , shouldn't run in the way I do!
    Love the contribution, and the community appreciate your work, thankyou
    Last edited by davidandrews; 12 Apr 2008 at 06:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    A little reading goes a long way. Colemanpa, your answer is in the readme file. David, yours is in this thread somewhere because I know I answered it before... its also in the readme less directly under "Limitations". The site I developed it for doesn't use that top menu so it wasn't part of the contrib.

- Steven
    I'm curious in adding this feature... how did you go about making the categories hidden from the other menus? is there a file thats referenced for that top menu?

Plugin Contributions

I honestly don't know. That's the inherent problem with this contribution is that everywhere you want to hide the categories from has to be dealt with individually. When I first started the project, I remember thinking I could probably do it at some higher level, and the trickle down effect would have it hidden from everything with one bit of code. But it didn't turn out that way and it had to be done individually.

Go through the readme for tips and look at the code in the files I've provided to get an idea of how its done and see if you can find where the code for the upper menu is and hide it in a similar fashion.

Its probably pretty easy. And if I was bored with nothing to do, I'd likely take a look at it. But right now I'm so busy that even if you told me you'd pay me $1000 I'd have to pass. Ok, well... maybe not $1000 :) But any reasonable amount I'd have to pass on.

Sorry I can't help more than that.

- Steven

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast