Thread: hideCategories

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: hideCategories

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post

2) Fully hidden: This setting hides it from the two places above, but also from the "all products", "new products", "featured products" links as well as the search function and the bestsellers sidebox. *NOTE* That is all! There may be other places that it shows up that we don't use!!!

- Steven

I would like to thank-you for the Mod, it solves some of the challenges I was facing.

I created a fully hidden category and have found that those items still show in the 'New Products Center Box' Does anyone know of an easy way to hid items from there?? I notice above it says it excludes them from the side box, but doesn't mention the center box.

any thoughts??

Geoff

--
    www.thefoxworthystore.com

Plugin Contributions

tips are in the readme.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steven,

Great Contrb. Works great since I offer custom made to order products. This gives me the way to put together a special product quantity discount, color or what have you and then send an email with a link letting the customer purchase using their CC via the internet.

One question is there an easy way to get the URL of the hidden product. Right now I make the product and then look for it with out hiding it. copy the url in the browser and save it and then hide the product.

Just wondering if there is an easier way.

Thanks RJ

Plugin Contributions

well, yeah... the url's for your product always follow the same pattern. Go to any of your products, and the URL will contain the product ID. The product IDs of your various products are shown in your admin section. So if you know the product ID then making a link should be easy from there. Your way works too :) Other than that... no, I guess not.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Steven,

Now I do have a problem. I have check and double checked and I do have all the files in place. I get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_get_generated_category_path_rev() in /home/rjfinewo/public_html/store/includes/modules/iC_AcadameV1.2/product_listing.php on line 171

This is on catagorie page. When you click on the catagory you get this.

Try this http://www.rjfinewood.com/store

Help!!

Plugin Contributions

It is working now.

I downloaded the 1.10 version for 1.38. I have 1.37 installed. The newer product_listing.php did not work in 1.37.

One other note the file in includes/template/your template/sideboxes/tlp_catagories had to be merge together with the one that was used for the template that I am using. This was done to keep the formating.

Again I want to say this is a great!! mod.

RJ

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this mod. Perfect for what we require. The only (small) issue I have is that it seems to have added a <br> tag after each list item on the categories menu. Where can I remove this?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hmm... odd.

The readme file contains a list of all the modified files. You can compare each to the original and try to see where that's being introduced. I'm sorry I haven't looked at the files in a very long time now so I can't say off the top of my head where that behavior is coming from. I can't say for sure its my contrib doing it, but I can't say its not either. I'm just too busy with work right now to look it up for you. If you find it, please post.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

ok i have merged the files that need merging, uploaded all files and re checked and when i go into admin area under cat/pro then add a new cat or edit one i do not see the option to hide.
    I ran the sql and two items were sussfull.

What am i missing?

i am on the latest version 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MOTAS View Post
    I use the table prefixes in my client's cart, because there are other things going on in the database, and had a problem getting this contrib to run out of the box. I found out there is a simple code fix to two files:
    ./includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_products_all_default.php
    LINE 24
    Code:
    	$products_all_query_raw = preg_replace('/, ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . ' pd(\s*)WHERE/', ' LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_HIDE_CATEGORIES . ' h ON (p.master_categories_id = h.categories_id), ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . ' pd WHERE (h.visibility_status < 2 OR h.visibility_status IS NULL) AND', $products_all_query_raw);
    ./includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_products_new_default.php
    LINE 24
    Code:
    	$products_new_query_raw = preg_replace('/, ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . ' pd(\s*)WHERE/', ' LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_HIDE_CATEGORIES . ' h ON (p.master_categories_id = h.categories_id), ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . ' pd WHERE (h.visibility_status < 2 OR h.visibility_status IS NULL) AND', $products_new_query_raw);
    I added the second TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, which was previously set to 'products_description'. In other words, it was looking for the table named products_description and not DB_PREFIX . products_description.

It was likely just a missed statement. I know someone else in this thread had posted having a problem with this.

hope that helps...
    marc...
    So do i need to change anything now with this update or do i still need to add my prfix somewhere?

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast