Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A Different Zen Template or "Sage"

Wehn using this or any other template - the overrides are setup for the altered files that are required for this template - your current meta_tags.php file should be copied into this folder for this template includes/languages/english/sage/meta_tags.php

Along with other files that you have customized for your site i.e. english.php (but in it's correct folder location)
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi kobra

I install it and seem like some future not working well , see my previous post, I go back to admin/ to change it back to MY_TEMPLATE and I don’t see it their anymore , only the classic and Sega , did I lost it? (I did make back up)
    Am realy trying to make the sega work, spend good few hours and can’t get the issue with the category fixd , among other issue like link in my description items not showing in blue

p.s I did install the bettercategory hoping it will fix it

Thank You

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Times New Roman]Erase what I post earlier[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I realize from what you where saying that on MY_TEPLATE or sage in this case I need to copy some files around , and obviously I did not done that..[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Can you please direct me to where I can find to read on how to make a MY_TEMPLATE structure the right way?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]After I do that I will install the sega again, it should work fine if I do it right.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman] I really like this template, you done good gob on it[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you again[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hi again[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I already saw it, it give basic folders structure and 2 files only, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I lost my template while removing your template, is admin suppose to hold my template or when I add new one he remove the other ?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]On my folder /public_html/store/includes/templates/ I got 3 templates 1. classic 2. MY_TEMPLATE 3. template_default .[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman] Is that the way it should be ? or I need to remove any[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I lost my template while removing your template, is admin suppose to hold my template or when I add new one he remove the other ?
    Depends on what you did to remove it - they do not consume much space so all you should do is switch to another in the admin and not erase the files.
    I already saw it, it give basic folders structure and 2 files only,
    "READ" - anywhere there is a classic folder - the files that exist in this tree can be overridden. So the only 2 files are examples and not a full list...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this template! I'm working on my first Zen-Cart and your variable width format has made this a great starting place for all my future work on it.

I'm having a problem with the size of the font in the boxes. Some, like the "Information" box appear to be smaller than some of the other boxes, like "Search" or "Manufacturer" (these boxes have been renamed as "Product Search" and "Sort By Designer".

I've gone over the code many times, and I've been looking at the "stylesheet.css" and run Google searches until I'm stumped. My temporary site is at:

http://tristan.camelot-hosting.com/~b880rcom/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

I haven't worked with any other templates with this site and don't know what I could have done to get these results. To be honest, I don't even know if the template is causing the problem, but that's the CSS file I've been working with.

Any Ideas?

Plugin Contributions

This in in the style sheet for this and has to do with the defference between "static" non linked headings and those that can be clicked which seem to be the ones tht are too large for you.

Find these lines in your stylesheet.css file and adjust as you want
    Code:
    h3.leftBoxHeading, h3.leftBoxHeading a { font-size: 1.3em; color: #fff; font-weight: bold; }
    h3.rightBoxHeading, h3.rightBoxHeading a { font-size: 1.3em; color: #fff; font-weight: bold; }
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

[quote=kobra;388671]This in in the style sheet for this and has to do with the defference between "static" non linked headings and those that can be clicked which seem to be the ones tht are too large for you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I saw those lines in the stylesheet.css file and I kind of had them figured out. I've changed the font size for those two lines so that my "Specials" and "Shopping Cart" are the same size as most of my boxes titles. Those settings were causing some confusion though.

There are still two boxes "Search" and "Manufacturers" which are in a larger font size, no matter what I do. I'll leave them alone for a day or so, but I'll probably end up hacking the english.php file to specify a font size in the defines or something else as ugly. I tried that and it works, but I've changed it back so that you can see the font sizes. Those two boxes, and probably others that I haven't enabled are always showing in a font one size larger than the CSS says to do.

Thanks again for trying

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dechamp View Post
    There are still two boxes "Search" and "Manufacturers" which are in a larger font size, no matter what I do ... Those two boxes, and probably others that I haven't enabled are always showing in a font one size larger than the CSS says to do.
    On the contrary, they're doing exactly what the CSS tells them to do. Those two sidebox headings have label tags wrapped around them and your label tags are set to be 1.3em, so whatever size you have your normal headings set to will be further increased by 30%. Exactly what you are seeing.

To undo this extra sizing for these headings specifically, you need to over-ride the increase for tables inside h3 tags. To do this, find the first bit of styling below in your stylesheet.css and then add the line that I have highlighted in red.

h4, h5, h6, LABEL, h4.optionName, LEGEND, ADDRESS, .sideBoxContent, .larger{
    font-size: 1.3em;
    }

h3 LABEL {font-size: 1em}
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast