Plugin Contributions

Default Max files in one folder on host

Hi all.

I have used 2 hosting companies for Zencart, all works great but for one client. He uses Zencart to offer quotes, and has over 2700 products online in the cart system. Problem is the host truncates the image folder at 2000 matches, so I cant see any more than 2000 images, and this in turn causes issues within the shop with errors since the shop cannot see the actual image, but is using its own cache to show the thumbnail.

Does anyone know a way around this, is there a way to tell Zen that images for all products within one category are located in a specific folder, etc.

This is causing a real issue since most hosts have this rule in effect.
    My only addon is Gallery addon and can be seen here breezy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Max files in one folder on host

ok after a brief fiddle it seems if I alter the image in the database for an item, and simply add cat1/ in front of the image name (blahblah.jpg) this works ater I move the image to a sub folder called cat1.

Now, is anyone able to give me a hint on how to do this on a grand scale.

I guess the easiest way is an sql command that will add cat1/ in front of the image name for a single group of products that are defined in a single category.

I cant see how this would work since the image name is already in place, so is anyone able to assist in this.

I am sure others must have come accross similar issues before.

Plugin Contributions

Do you used Linked Products? Or do all Products exist in a single category?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

There aqre arou nd 15 categories, some of those have sub categories, but all the product images default upload to the images rot directory, and I do not know if there is a way of altering this to default to a path directory fr each category

What I have is over 4000 images in one folder ( shop/images) 2700 of these represent products

Adding cat1/prodimagefilname to the database and them moving that image into the cat1 folder works, but to mae this a manual change to 2700 items could take years of work, lol

Plugin Contributions

You could use in the Tools ... Insert SQL Patches ...
    PHP Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_image concat('cat',master_categories_id,'/',products_image); 
    WARNING: Backup the database before attempting this ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

hi

can you sort of explain what the command will do, I get that it will add Cat and then/ in front of the image name there, but I alo need to do this for a single category and its entire contents, then change that category and run it again so when I run it I update category 1 with cat1/imagename and then run again but this time for category 2 to reflect cat2/imagename.

So, I guess where in here do I specify the category to update

Plugin Contributions

ok, I ran the exact script and it has altered the image path to include cat0/ in front, however It has done this fr all products, so I need to figure out how to do it for one category only.

Here is a possible problem though.

Looking at the db, I have categories and each one has a unique ID, but product type to category has nothing in it at all....is this normal, or have I missed something during the db migrate from osc to zencart?

---update---

Nope that seems to be the norm for all other sites, the master category ID is set to 0 for every single product, so how tdo I alter that. I spose I need to work out the sql command to check product id against category id and then update the master category id to a different number where caterogy ID matches, so if I have 10 items in one category it will change the master category id to 1 and so on for each category.

I have no clue how to do that, so need to learn more mysql I think.
    Last edited by spottedhaggis; 6 Dec 2006 at 05:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Actually ...

That tells me you probably import your products and your code does not set the master_categories_id properly so that field is empty ... since it is empty it set the cat to cat0 vs the real master_categories_id ...

Do you use Linked Products?

If not, you can fix this by reloading your backup ... you did make a backup right?

Then, going to the Tools ... Store Manager ...

Run the Reset Master Categories ID ...

Then, to fix the Products Price sorting, run the Reset Products Price Sorter ...

Then, run the code I gave you ...

The reset master_categories_id sets the Product to use the first categories_id in the products_to_categories table that it finds ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

As it happens I did not have to do alot of that, yes every item was set with the Master cat id of 0, but after I reset the master cat Id in admin they all seemed to sort themselves out.

Problem after that was having to manually create around 25 folder, easy yes, but then export the db t an excel file, delet all but the master cat id columns, and while viewing that column, mve the relevant image into each category, and do this for ver 2500 images, lol, I have done it but there are still a few rogue images.

A future zen upgrade would be to have each created category upload images into a new category relative sub folder to resolve any issues simmilar to mine, and I imagine it would not be to difficult to have it work like this for an expert anyway

Plugin Contributions

We do debate newer methods that allow for the old method and a more flexible method that would let you easily use subcategories ...

However, making the directories can impose issues as well as assuming the directories ...

But we do keep an ear open to ideas and requests to continue to expand on all aspects of Zen Cart ...

Suggestions are always helpful ...
    Linda McGrath