Plugin Contributions

Default How did mu International Customer get Free Shipping?

I'm US based and a UK customer purchased an item from me yesterday. The order came through with FREE SHIPPING instead of the $29-$40 that should have been charged.

I tried to duplicate this by creating a phony UK account and ZC computed the correct shipping for me. I've refunded the payment and sent an email to the buyer asking him to re-submit his order but haven't heard back.

Any ideas how this happened?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How did mu International Customer get Free Shipping?

Did you test it with the same Products in the order?

Does 0 weight mean Free Shipping? Check the setting in Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ...
    Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status
    If there is no weight to the order, does the order have Free Shipping?
    0= no
    1= yes

Note: When using Free Shipping, Enable the Free Shipping Module this will only show when shipping is free.
    What shipping methods are you using?

Do any have Zones defined for them?

What version Zen Cart are you running?

Clean install or an upgrade? If an upgrade from what version and how did you do the upgrade?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,
    Yes I tested with the customer's address on a fake account and the same product. I do offer a free download with a purchase but have had sucessful transactions before.

Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status is set to 0. The product's shipping weight is set at 7 lbs.

Shipping for international is via USPS.

In my shipping module;
    Free Shipping Options are set to false.
    FREE SHIPPING! is set to enabled with a shipping zone set to none.
    Zone Rates is set to false

I'm using 1.35 updated from a fresh install of 1.32

I emailed the customer asking how he wound up with the free shipping but he hasn't replied.

Plugin Contributions

If a Product contains a download and is not marked as:
    Always Free Shipping:
    Special, Product/Download Combo Requires a Shipping Address
    The download is considered to be the trigger to free shipping ... and shipping is skipped ...

Marking a Product that is a physical product and a download as a Combo fixes this ...

Note: you should upgrade to v1.3.6 as well, as there are several fixes you should have for your shop ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yep, that fixed it. Apparently I didn't select the free download when I tried to duplicate the error and I missed the Special, Product/Download Combo box when I set the product up.

Thank You very much!

I haven't upgraded yet because I haven't figured out how to make the over-ride work properly. I'll have to back everything up and give it a go but I don't remember where I made changes and I'm leery of having to start over.

My memory never was very good and it doesn't seem to be getting any better as I get older.

Plugin Contributions

Beyond Compare from scootersoftware.com is your friend ...

It can help you compare a clean current version of Zen Cart to the clean version of your existing cart ...

then do a compare of the clean current version of Zen Cart to your existing site ...

then a compare of a clean version of your existing site against your actual site ...

This can help find all your changes ... and where you made them ...

Using this, you would be able to sort out your files and get things rearranged properly in the templates and overrides manner so that you have the least mess to deal with ...

Upgrading a test site and a test database with a copy of your live site is the best method to use to see just what type of mess you might make and not damage anything ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank You! I downloaded it and will find the changes I've made.

I'm apparently still missing something with using overrides though. I've read the tutorial and followed the creation of a Custom folder but it doesn't seem to work.

I changed my footer in /includes/languages/english.php but want to use an override folder so it doesn't get wiped out when I update.

I created /includes/languages/custom and copied english.php to this folder. I then opened it, changed "Powered by" to "Get your copy", and saved it. When I go to my main page, it still says "Powered by". What am I missing?