Plugin Contributions

Default Advertised product goes to link somewhere else?

This may have been asked somewhere before, and I'm just not finding it in my searches. If so, kindly forward me the link.

My company is setting up a new eCommerce site, and one thing we'd like to offer are tee-shirts that are marketed by other websites (for instance, ThinkGeek, T-Shirt Hell). Conveniently, both sites have affiliate programs in place to support my desire to make them money and get a little kickback.

So, what we'd like to do is list the t-shirts we approve of selling as products on our eCommerce site, but herein lies a problem: The tee-shirts aren't free, so we don't want to list them as 0.00 cost items, but if we list them with a price, it will be added to our site's cart! Further, in this case we don't handle the checkout process -- all we want them to do is click on a link which then opens a new window/tab and takes them to the Affiliate eCommerce site (with a tag pointing back at us to indicate that we referred them there). Thus the user gets their t-shirt shipped from someone else and we get a little 5-10% kickback for the sale of the t-shirt.

Is there a nice, easy way to do this in Zen-Cart, even if it involves adding in a module? It seems like it would be similar to the stuff people pay for and then download, but there is no cost associated where there is a cost for the download-able stuff.

Any comments/help/advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Advertised product goes to link somewhere else?

Hi
    There is a way of doing what you want by listing them as a general document and placing the affiliate code after the description in the description box. You may have to muck around a bit with some html code to get it to look good. But it will work ok. Then you can use the general product listing for your normal goods. I have done this on my site within the pets section where some catagories are for pets for sale and some are for missing pets that are not charged for.
    Kind regards
    Stephan Toth www.london-directory.biz/Store
    Last edited by StephanToth; 13 Dec 2006 at 04:31 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Advertised product goes to link somewhere else?

StephanToth: That was exactly the answer I needed. Thanks mate!

anomaly0617