Plugin Contributions

Default I want 'specials' but not in box?

Hi, cant find a solution to this so here I am again! I want to have certain items as 'specials' i.e. discounted - but I dont want them to appear in the 'specials' box - is this possible? I just want people to be able to see that they are discounted when they go through the categories thats all - any help certainly appreciated!
    Regards

Lyn
    www.hedgepig.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I want 'specials' but not in box?

The Specials Link in the Categories Sidebox, Specials sidebox and Centerbox can be turned off ...

Turn off the sidebox in:
    Tools ... Layout Boxes Controller ...

Turn off the Centerbox in each location of the:
    Configuration ... Index Listing ...

0 is OFF and any other value is the Sort Order ...

Turn off the Specials Link in the Categories sidebox in the:
    Configuration ... Layout Settings ...
    Categories Box - Show Specials Link
    Show Specials Link in the Categories Box

true
    false
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

sorry - my fault - realised I wasnt specific enough at all - my own fault for trying to type and think at the same time late at night!

I have a specials box on front page that lists 5 dragon products that are discounted - I want these to stay on the front page. BUT I also want to discount the price of other products as specials but not have the extra ones appear on my front page specials - do you see what i mean?

I have a php script which takes the original xml supplier feed and works out the selling price BUT i feel some of the prices are a bit high and i need to reduce them - hence the need for a 'special' as i cant yet do it on the script. BUT I dont want every price I reduce to appear on that front page as it works well as a specific dragon selling point and I dont want to end up with a lot of different items on there - not sure there would be a solution to it but thought it was worth asking- even if I didnt get it right first time! Thanks for the reply anyway - much appreciated

Regards

Lyn
    www.hedgepig.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

You would have to customize the code to either only pull from a given category or only pull products_id XX, XX, XX, XX, XX
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The Specials Link in the Categories Sidebox, Specials sidebox and Centerbox can be turned off ...

Turn off the sidebox in:
    Tools ... Layout Boxes Controller ...

Turn off the Centerbox in each location of the:
    Configuration ... Index Listing ...

0 is OFF and any other value is the Sort Order ...

Turn off the Specials Link in the Categories sidebox in the:
    Configuration ... Layout Settings ...
    i have an 'opposite' problem. i can't get my specials box to come on. have checked all the settings in tools as listed above and all are turned on. but no specials..

and when i click on the item in shop it shows normal price even though i can see the discounted price in price manager.

what am i doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Do you see Specials active in the Catalog ... Specials?

Or have you set up sales in SaleMaker ... Sales are not Specials ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

thanks for answering....

the special i had set up was set to inactive (red) but i i could not get it to go active. really not sure what was going on there.

after i failed to make it work, i went off and looked at various other possible reasons but clearly that was the problem cos when i deleted it all and started with a fresh one, the specials came up straight away and on checking the item, it was showing active (green).

no idea what happened but it's working now anyway.

cheers

Plugin Contributions

If you set dates that are expired it will reset to off even if you try to turn it on ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ho.w do you configure the display of specials on the main page? I know there is a selection of On or Off, and there is a setting fro how many get displayed, but my customer does not like the way they get displayed.

Is there any other configurations for specials that affect how specials are displayed? I would really like if we could force the last X number of speicals rather than having them randomly come up.

Thanks for the help

Plugin Contributions

I have a specials box on front page that lists 5 dragon products that are discounted - I want these to stay on the front page. BUT I also want to discount the price of other products as specials but not have the extra ones appear on my front page specials - do you see what i mean?

-- hedgepig, do you have solution on this? I have similar request: - I want to display 6-12 products in my main page as hot products, displaying them like the fashion of "New Products - with sort options", the "Special" doesn't have sort option. How can I make my front page to show "hot sale" item? thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by gwu888; 26 Mar 2007 at 03:11 AM.