Plugin Contributions

Default More Product Information

I need to have more information stored for my products. How would you do that in zencart. I have a part number that I need for filling my orders. Most things I don't want the customer to see but I need on the back end. Or maybe they can see it I don't care, maybe they will remember the part number and I can have them search on it. Either way that is how I refer to the products.

Also for searching do I just add all the information about products into the description? I want more info so that if someone wants all products available in RED?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: More Product Information

I think I can do most of the things I want with attributes. I believe that I can set attributes and not display them. I have another question. Can I create views of items based on attributes. Such as all red items?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Ok now i have found out that I can create a new product type to handle any new product data items such as color and part number. has anyone had success creating these?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

You might want to take a few minutes and install a test directory with a test database and load the demo data ...

Take a look at Products vs Products with Attributes

Some of your needs may require Products, some can be managed with Attributes ... and then you can decide do you really need new fields and/or product types ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That is what I will do. I am unsure of how to use some of the different data fields, such as getting some on the invoice so that I can fill the order and only showing some on the page for the customer. As well trying to cross sell items I am not sure if I should create categories such as christmas and place items in multiple categories as links or should/could I use attributes for that. After playing I am assuming that attributes can not be hidden?

In a nut shell I have several different ways that I want people to find items using some method of classification with the categories or with attributes. Not sure what is the best or if I just need to customize the whole thing with another table that I can fill with cross sell categories.

If there is another way and I just am not getting it please let me know. Zen Cart is really cool.

Thanks