Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer getting GV error

My MasterCard went through fine ...

You owe me $0.95 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yup - we're not having trouble with standard purchases... it's only the gift certificate purchases that are giving us that error. We've processed hundreds of orders just fine, but this week I've had 2 customers get the error on gift certificates only. I just voided your purchase (had not yet been settled). Any other ideas of what to check? Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Are your Gift Certificates all marked as:
    Product is Virtual: YES
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yup again! I just double-checked each one. They're all set as Virtual with Normal Shipping Rules. It's weird that 2 gift certificates went through fine, and then the problem cropped up... The only files I've been working with are the stylesheets to fix a header issue in IE7. Oh, and I also made custom GV images and uploaded those after the first 2 were sold. Any reason that might have caused a problem? I'm at a loss...

Plugin Contributions

Do you have any of the Modules that are Installed but set to Enabled false?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

If you mean the main payment and shipping modules, no. All I have installed is Authorize.net AIM, USPS shipping, and Store Pickup. All of these are active and working fine. All of the OT modules are installed and set to true except the COD Fee, which is not installed. I'm going to try to wrestle with this some more this morning, as we're getting lots of requests for Gift Certificates at the moment.

Plugin Contributions

Ok - trying to figure this out. I did some searching in the DTK to see what I could find. The error is (and I'm sure you know this!) ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_ERROR, and I looked at these files (thinking one of these might be the culprit):

includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping_address/jscript_main.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php
    includes/form_check.jp.php

I compared these files from my live site with the original full file set for 1.3.6, and the files are all identical, except the authorizenet_aim.php where I had to add in some code to deal with godaddy CURL stuff.

I also searched for x_ship_to_first_name, and it looks as if it's only showing up in the authorizenet payment module files.

Anything anyone can suggest to try?

Plugin Contributions

customer issue Re: Customer getting GV error

Well, I think I've tried about everything I can think of, given my meager skills... I also tried creating a new gift certificate just to see if it would work, but I'm still getting the same error. Unfortunately, we have several people waiting to see if I can fix this so that they can purchase a gift certificate for holiday gifts. Is there any way I can manually issue one and charge them? Maybe just do the "Mail Gift Certificate" and use my merchant account Virtual Terminal to charge them? It's not ideal because it won't match up for my accounting, but maybe this would at least make something work for the moment...

I'd really appreciate any more help as to what might have gone wrong. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Still trying to make this work... I manually ran a credit card charge for the gift certificate and went to Mail Gift Certificate in the admin section. I filled out the form and clicked send - everything seemed fine. But, the gift certificate is not showing up under Gift Certificates Sent, and I haven't received a copy of the email, although my email settings indicate I should.

Is there anyone out there with an idea of what's going on? Something is obviously amiss, and I'm happy to troubleshoot further, but I think I've exhausted all the ideas in my little brain...

Plugin Contributions

The only thing I can think to do on this is a check of a clean Zen Cart v1.3.6 and your site using something like Beyond Compare to see what is setup incorrectly or out of date ...

It is possible this is an Admin issue on your product but it seems odd ...

What happens on a Money Order? Does it processes correctly?
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast