Page 79 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Well it is working now because I have tracking info in the reports, but oddly enough my dashboard still says tracking not installed. I guess the check status doesn't work like I presumed it would. I guess it will update eventually.

Thanks for a wonderful contribution!

Plugin Contributions

This has to be a setup problem. The only way I would be able to diagnose it is to take a look. But it has to be a setup issue somewhere.
    Eric here is my tpl_main_page if you don't mind take a look at it and see if there is anything wrong with it. Under Google Analytics Configuration this is how it is set up without given you my Analytics Account number.

Analytics Account UA-xxxxxxxx
    Target Address customers Affiliation
    Use sku/code products_model
    Use Older "urchin.js" Tracking Code No
    Activate Conversion Tracking No
    Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Number XXXXXXXXXX
    Google AdWords Language en_US

On google everything is set up right. I just don't get it. I have check and double check the file that uploaded to see if they went into the right place also.
    Thanks for your help.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

bug Google Analytics not catching Shopping Cart page???

I think I might have found a potential problem with Google Analytics. I want to keep track of how many people put things into their cart to how many people end up ordering. The problem being that when I look at my content and look for "shopping" my shopping cart url only comes up about 4 times a month. This number is an absolute bogus number. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Thank you,

Shrimp-Gumbo-mmmhhh

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Analytics not catching Shopping Cart page???

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    I think I might have found a potential problem with Google Analytics. I want to keep track of how many people put things into their cart to how many people end up ordering. The problem being that when I look at my content and look for "shopping" my shopping cart url only comes up about 4 times a month. This number is an absolute bogus number. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Thank you,

Shrimp-Gumbo-mmmhhh
    I found another Google Analytics script on the shopping cart page.... maybe from before installing econcepts module. Will check and see if this is the issue. The account number is different.

Shrimp

Plugin Contributions

I found another Google Analytics script on the shopping cart page.... maybe from before installing econcepts module. Will check and see if this is the issue. The account number is different.

Shrimp

Make sure the analytics account id's are the same in your Google Checkout Payment and in the Google Analytics Configuration (econcepts module).

Shrimp-Gumbo-mmmhhh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by littleturtlemama View Post
    I recently switched my website to zencart, and installed this mod. Googleanalytics says that it's receiving data, but since I switched from the old cart to zen it's showing zero visits to my site - no data at all. What have I done wrong? The website is http://www.littleturtleknits.com/
    I'm running 1.3.7.
    It takes a few days sometimes to actually start seeing data. have you resolved this or are you still getting no data returned?
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Eric here is my tpl_main_page if you don't mind take a look at it and see if there is anything wrong with it. Under Google Analytics Configuration this is how it is set up without given you my Analytics Account number.

On google everything is set up right. I just don't get it. I have check and double check the file that uploaded to see if they went into the right place also.
    Thanks for your help.
    Looks like it is "installed" correctly from the website end.

Try this:

1) make sure you provide Google with the correct URL to verify the code at on the page (watch the trailing slash).

2) make sure you are using the correct tracking number google has provided. In the past I've seen users leave off the trailing "-1" (only appears in SOME instance where google provides you with a tracking id containing that info).

3) Try to re-validate the tracking code using your Google Analytics account.

This is more than likely an error in providing Google with the proper url (watch the trailing slash in your url) and / or an error in use of the incorrect tracking number.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Make sure the analytics account id's are the same in your Google Checkout Payment and in the Google Analytics Configuration (econcepts module).

Shrimp-Gumbo-mmmhhh
    Are you sure you are not trying to use two different modules? Or had one hand installed (manually) before installing this one?

The current setup of this module should only list 1 tracking number (the one you enter from the admin) and one conversion tracking number (ONLY if turned on and this one will ONLY appear on the checkout success page).

If you are showing two different numbers in your tracking then I would potentially suspect a conflict with another version?

There is an easier way to get what you want as well. What you want to do is setup goals and funnels (done from within your Google Analytics Account itself.) That's what they are intended for.

Set the funnel for the checkout process (to see how effective it really is and to see where customers might be bailing out) and then set a separate goal (no funnel needed) that uses the following url to track when an item is added to the cart:

http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?...r_of_uploads=0

That will trigger an action when a user adds an item to their cart (even if they do not register with your site or ever checkout.)

This is VERY handy for determining how effective your product pages are are getting users to add items to their cart (if they don't add items to their cart they can't checkout.) Likewise, if they add items to their cart and do not "create an account" you'll begin to be able to match those numbers up with the funnel you setup for the separate goal (website sale) to determine if the layout of your login page is a problem.

Does that help?
    Last edited by econcepts; 22 Jul 2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: edited spelling
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post

Thanks for your help.
    this is what i am seeing from your site darleens art gallery home page.
    _uacct = "UA-#######";
    urchinTracker();
    </script></body></html>

i would like to jump in a take a guess, as i was battling configuration problems too. things to check for activation.

1. the google analytics site will show you code to paste into you page. LOOK close at the account # "UA-#######-1" you will see "-1" added. double check your admin side of zen and enter the account # with the -1 at the end of your account number. (suspect its the number of sites monitoring)

2. on your editing of tpl_main_page.php try adding a return after the pasting to give a blank line before the </body> tag.

tpl_main_page.php

LOOKS LIKE THIS:
    <!--bof-Google analytics -->
    <?php
    require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
    ?>

</body>

Results LIKE THIS:
    _uacct = "UA-#######-1";
    urchinTracker();
    </script>
    </body></html>

with out the extra line in the tpl_main_page.php after the pasted in insert i was getting a run together output on the pages ie;
    _uacct = "UA-#######-1";
    urchinTracker();
    </script></body></html>

3. Default Page index.php/
    4. End you site url .com/

the last two items i changed before i started seeing "Waiting for data.." were the index.php/ and the space in the code of tpl_main_page.php

hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

3. Default Page index.php/
    Thank you for your help. I understand what you are saying but for Number 3 I not so sure. Could you be so kind to go into more detail please. Thank you
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation