Page 125 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Thanks a lot! That was extremely clear.

I believe I got it working now a purchase/sale conversion was created automatically for some reason.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, ZC user.
    I have Google Analytics for monitoring my site www.kavanali.com
    End I put some banners in shop.

Problem is when I see in Analytics: page Views is 350
    In shop in banner_manager for the same date page Views is 1200

How is it possible such a difference in the statistics of page views?

Plugin Contributions

First, Eric, thank you for this module.

I had the same problem as Rufusclc addressed in Posts #1123 and #1124 of this thread.

Following your advice, I went back and looked at the files in the includes and admin folders of the module. I found that the includes file still had a folder named your_template, which was odd, since I had believed I renamed everything. I renamed it again, and uploaded, but on upload I could not see the correctly named your_template. I went back to the windows explorer in my computer and re-checked, and it had not been renamed. My second try at renaming it stuck, and it uploaded successfully.

Although I will not know for 24 hours if it actually becomes trackable by Google Analytics, I can now pass the W3C validation, whereas prior to this my </body> and </html> tags were not showing in the "view source." This inability to pass validation had been bugging me for a couple of weekends.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I have installed your mod.

I follow all the instructions, i could almost track everything in my site through analytics, including tunneling and so on, but i cannot receive any checkout-success information and data

I try to set up goal in analytics and adwords conversion tracking too but it fails.

Can you suggest me what i have to check?
    Furthermore, it's better to use urchin or the more modern GA? now the set up is yet on urchin it's possible to change to GA?

Thanks for your answer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra8 View Post
    Hi, ZC user.
    I have Google Analytics for monitoring my site www.kavanali.com
    End I put some banners in shop.

Problem is when I see in Analytics: page Views is 350
    In shop in banner_manager for the same date page Views is 1200

How is it possible such a difference in the statistics of page views?
    Pay no attention to what the Banner manger or "hits" in zen cart reports. It is not the figure you should be looking at if you are really looking at tracking your site.

The number reported by zen are based on "hits" (which you should never use) and those update with each page refresh (you can see why it is not good to use them).

The true number is what Google Analytics reports.

For simplest example, if you go to your home page and see a banner, then your banner manager would say "1". If you refresh that page your banner manager now shows "2". Refresh again, you get "3", etc....

Google would only show "1" (which is right. You are only 1 person but you "hit" the page 3 times.) So the true number of visitors (UNIQUES) is 1 in this example.

Banner manager (nor any stats zen cart provides) only tracks "hits". If you want to really know what is going on with your business you should never look at this number.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    First, Eric, thank you for this module.

I had the same problem as Rufusclc addressed in Posts #1123 and #1124 of this thread.

Following your advice, I went back and looked at the files in the includes and admin folders of the module. I found that the includes file still had a folder named your_template, which was odd, since I had believed I renamed everything. I renamed it again, and uploaded, but on upload I could not see the correctly named your_template. I went back to the windows explorer in my computer and re-checked, and it had not been renamed. My second try at renaming it stuck, and it uploaded successfully.

Although I will not know for 24 hours if it actually becomes trackable by Google Analytics, I can now pass the W3C validation, whereas prior to this my </body> and </html> tags were not showing in the "view source." This inability to pass validation had been bugging me for a couple of weekends.

Thanks.
    Yes, you definitely need to name the directories to those which you are using for it to work.

You can see if it is installed correctly by simply viewing your page source while looking at your site. This will not ensure that "all" parts of GA are installed, but it will let you know if the tracking code is in place on the site.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buydifferent View Post
    I have installed your mod.

I follow all the instructions, i could almost track everything in my site through analytics, including tunneling and so on, but i cannot receive any checkout-success information and data

I try to set up goal in analytics and adwords conversion tracking too but it fails.

Can you suggest me what i have to check?
    Furthermore, it's better to use urchin or the more modern GA? now the set up is yet on urchin it's possible to change to GA?

Thanks for your answer
    If you are not getting Checkout Success stats but everything else is tracking then I would check to see if you have any other module installed that altered the checkout success page (affiliate programs etc... do this.)

If so, you will need to integrate the checkout success edits from that program with mine (it's very easy and I can tell you how to do it if this is indeed your issue).

Keep in mind that Adwords conversion tracking is completely different than any other type of tracking See my earlier post ( #1242) on this exact topic.

For more accurate ECOMMERCE tracking, Urchin still seems to be the better option. the new GA version seems to skew your stats a bit more when it comes to ecommerce.

You can easily switch between the two without any problem at any time. In my module, it is just flipping a switch in the configuration section for Google Analytics.
    Last edited by econcepts; 19 May 2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added post number for reference
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Hi Eric when I look at firebug it shows I have one error. The error points to _gat is not defined, var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxx-x"); Any suggestions on how to correct this. Thank You
    Hi, I have the same 'problem'. First, it's indeed Andrew'version, and second, everything seems to work fine. Only thing is that in IE there is this message: '_gat' is not defined.

Can't find/don't understand why it shows up.

Plugin Contributions

It's here in tpl_footer_googleanalytics.php:

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker('<?php echo GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_UACCT; ?>');

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gerjan View Post
    It's here in tpl_footer_googleanalytics.php:

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker('<?php echo GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_UACCT; ?>');
    I don't have a tpl_footer_googleanalytics.php: in my common file. It still shows up. That is not the problem, it something simple. I just can not put my hand on it. Thank you for trying to help.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation