Page 185 of 217 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Quote Originally Posted by Yaro View Post
    Jeking, thank you!

I've did everything according to the installation manual, including file changes, I added this code into tpl_main_page.php:

<?php
    if (GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_TRACKING_TYPE == "Asynchronous") {
    // Do nothing
    } else {
    require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE . 'google_analytics/google_analytics.php');
    }
    ?>

</body>

And I installed the SQL patch (uploaded a file through the ZC admin)

Why the GA code is not showing now?
    Make sure you Change the "admin" and "your_template" folder name to match the name of your custom directory and ftp upload to your sever.
    Where ever you see the words "your_template" (in either these instructions, or the file folders included with the install)
    you should REPLACE that with the directory name that your template is running from. So for example, if you are running a
    custom template and the directory that you decided to keep those template files in is called "mycustomtemplate" then, where ever
    you see the words "your_template", you would change it to "mycustomtemplate".

If you are using the default template provided with zen cart, then you would replace each instance of "your_template" with the
    following: "template_default"

Make sure you insert this code in the body tag in /includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php
    At the bottom just before the closing </body> tag:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    if (GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_TRACKING_TYPE == "Asynchronous") {
    // Do nothing
    } else {
    require(
    DIR_WS_TEMPLATE 'google_analytics/google_analytics.php');
    }
    ?>
    The code is not installed on your site yet. Follow the direction for it to show when you view source at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by countrycharm; 18 May 2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Make sure you Change the "admin" and "your_template" folder name to match the name of your custom directory and ftp upload to your sever.
    Where ever you see the words "your_template" (in either these instructions, or the file folders included with the install)
    you should REPLACE that with the directory name that your template is running from. So for example, if you are running a
    custom template and the directory that you decided to keep those template files in is called "mycustomtemplate" then, where ever
    you see the words "your_template", you would change it to "mycustomtemplate".

If you are using the default template provided with zen cart, then you would replace each instance of "your_template" with the
    following: "template_default"

Make sure you insert this code in the body tag in /includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php
    At the bottom just before the closing </body> tag:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    if (GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_TRACKING_TYPE == "Asynchronous") {
    // Do nothing
    } else {
    require(
    DIR_WS_TEMPLATE 'google_analytics/google_analytics.php');
    }
    ?>
    The code is not installed on your site yet. Follow the direction for it to show when you view source at the bottom of the page.
    Thanks so much! I made sure to upload all necessary files to appropriate directories, and now GA code IS installed on my site (www.aptekarus.com), but Google Analytics says that 'CODE NOT INSTALLED'!!!!! How on Earth can this happen?

Pls, see below the part of the source code of my website with the code installed:

Copyright &copy; 2012 <a href="http://aptekarus.com/index.php?main_page=index" target="_blank">APTEKARUS.COM - Russian Holistic Pharmacy in USA</a>. Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>
    <!-- =============================== -->
    </div>
    <div><!-- {%FOOTER_LINK} --></div>
    </div>
    </div>

</div>
    <!--bof- parse time display -->
    <!--eof- parse time display -->

<script type="text/javascript">
    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-31755790-1");
    pageTracker._initData();

pageTracker._trackPageview();
    pageTracker._trackPageLoadTime();
    </script>
    </body></html>

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much! I made sure to upload all necessary files to appropriate directories, and now GA code IS installed on my site (www.aptekarus.com), but Google Analytics says that 'CODE NOT INSTALLED'!!!!! How on Earth can this happen?

Pls, see below the part of the source code of my website with the code installed:

Copyright &copy; 2012 <a href="http://aptekarus.com/index.php?main_page=index" target="_blank">APTEKARUS.COM - Russian Holistic Pharmacy in USA</a>. Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>
    <!-- =============================== -->
    </div>
    <div><!-- {%FOOTER_LINK} --></div>
    </div>
    </div>

</div>
    <!--bof- parse time display -->
    <!--eof- parse time display -->

var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-31755790-1");
    pageTracker._initData();

pageTracker._trackPageview();
    pageTracker._trackPageLoadTime();
    </script>
    </body></html>
    Yes the code is now installed on your site.
    Now go check and make sure you have everything set up right on Google Analytics. Make sure you have setup your Account Settings and Profile Settings correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Yes the code is now installed on your site.
    Now go check and make sure you have everything set up right on Google Analytics. Make sure you have setup your Account Settings and Profile Settings correctly.
    Thanks to everyone! Now GA shows "Receiving Data"!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to everyone! Now GA shows "Receiving Data"!
    Your very welcome.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to everyone who already asked questions and equally to those who gave so many excellent answers.
    Installed and working fine (I think) just need some traffic and conversions to test it.
    Install on Zen cart v 1.5 fresh install with a renewed cleansed database, which was one of the biggest issues I faced with this as the uninstall script did not seem to remove all of the tables and data from the older version I had install on Zen cart 1.3.9.

Thanks again for every one involved.

Plugin Contributions

Countrycharm,

You asked:

What version of the Simple Google Analytics tracking are you using?
    I have Simple Google Analytics version 1.2.3 installed on my Zencart 1.3.9h. It works in one store but not the other. I will carry out your instructions when I have a bit more time and will let you know the result.

Thanks very much.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    Countrycharm,

You asked:

I have Simple Google Analytics version 1.2.3 installed on my Zencart 1.3.9h. It works in one store but not the other. I will carry out your instructions when I have a bit more time and will let you know the result.

Thanks very much.

Notageek
    Yes when you get the time to upgrade to v1.2.5c and follow post 1833 you will be OK.

Plugin Contributions

I'm useless for not having the code in front of me but I just finished updating from 1.3.9h to 1.5 and was having issues with the upgrade SQL file. I had to edit the query manually to add my table prefixes. I'm hardly fluent in MySQL and can't tell if the included query attempts to compensate for this? At any rate, once I tweaked it, I had no problems.

Plugin Contributions

Ok so I followed all the instructions in the install.txt except for in my templates folder was no TPL_Main_Page.php... only a header and footer... so I skipped that step and went to admin tools sql patch... I opened the install sql file copied the entire file and pasted to the query box. I hit send. It returned a query result showing me exactly the same code I posted but didnt say anything about errors. But it also didnt say successful or anything like that... my site didnt break I just need to know if analytics is now fully functional and is there a way for me to test that it is?