Page 107 of 217 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Quote Originally Posted by tstanley View Post
    I have installed the version of the SGA Contribution v1.2.2 and using the ltest version of Zen Cart. I already had a Google Analytics Account along with Adwords. I use PayPal as my processor. I have a regular website were a "buy now" link takes you to my Zen Cart store. I am using a custom template and made the necessary modifications.

I clicked thru one of my ads and made a purchase thru my store without error. I did this twice yesterday and do not see it tracked.

I followed the directions according to the contribution. I placed the contents of both the Admin and Includes folders into the respective locations. Was I supposed to just place the folders themselves into the main directory of the store? Am I supposed to modify "checkout success" page? My web is www.blackoutez.com.

Thanks in advance
    Some thoughts to make sure you didn't miss anything:

1) Did you turn on "Conversion Tracking" from within the Zen Cart admin and also enter your Adwords conversion tracking id?

2) Did you turn on conversion tracking and copy the proper tracking id from the Adwords account? (You'll insert this tracking id into the Zen Cart admin under the "Conversion Tracking" text section.

3) You do not need to alter the checkout success page etc... (my contribution automatically does that for you as long as you turn on the proper elements from within the Config section of the zen admin for SGA.)

4) Have you setup a cookie on your computer to exclude your IP or address from the reports? If so your conversion won't track.

Let me know if that helps.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bobthemolder View Post
    You're right, it did track the sale. I was too vague. It didn't track which products or how much the sale was.
    To track the products and the amount of them you need to turn on Ecommerce Tracking (from within your Google Analytics Account).

My contribution automatically handles ecom tracking providing you have it turned on from within your GA account. You do this form under the "Profile" section of the site you wish to add.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ecommerce conversions not tracking

Quote Originally Posted by BassFace View Post
    I can't figure this out. I have set up GA and this mod, tracking is working but no purchase info is being tracked.
    I ran a test order and verified that this code is at the bottom of the 'checkout_success' page.
    HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-1412881-2");
    pageTracker._initData();
    pageTracker._trackPageview();

pageTracker._addTrans(
    "24",
    "",
    "91.88",
    "3.40",
    "0.00",
    "Aurora",
    "Colorado",
    "United States"
    );

pageTracker._addItem(
    "24",
    "180",
    "Discovery",
    "Wine of the Month Club Full Year",
    "85.00",
    "1"
    );
    pageTracker._trackTrans();</script>
    I am trying to understand GA Funnels and Goals, but do I need to set a Goal and a Funnel for this transaction tracking to work?

One thing that has me very unsure is that I have my ZC installed in the /shop subdirectory, so in GA I set the site as:
    http://www.mysite.com/shop/
    and home page as index.php, index.php?mainpage=, index.php?mainpage=index

Any GA gurus know what I'm doing wrong here???
    You do NOT need to setup Goals or Funnels for Ecom transactions to work. They are handy to have but are a totally separate tracking feature provided by Google Analytics (triggered and based upon url usually).

It doesn't matter if you have your cart in a subdirectory or not as long as you setup your goals to point to the proper location (and then properly setup your funnels to do so as well.)

In short though you do not need to set up those two in order for the transaction (ecom portion) to work.

Here are two links that might help you figure out how to make it work:

Google Analytics Demystified: Part 5 Goal Tracking and Funnels

Google Analytics Uncovered for Zen Cart
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ecommerce conversions not tracking

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    You do NOT need to setup Goals or Funnels for Ecom transactions to work. They are handy to have but are a totally separate tracking feature provided by Google Analytics (triggered and based upon url usually).

It doesn't matter if you have your cart in a subdirectory or not as long as you setup your goals to point to the proper location (and then properly setup your funnels to do so as well.)

In short though you do not need to set up those two in order for the transaction (ecom portion) to work.

Here are two links that might help you figure out how to make it work:

Google Analytics Demystified: Part 5 Goal Tracking and Funnels

Google Analytics Uncovered for Zen Cart
    Thank you for those links. It has started tracking sales . Perhaps there is just a delay in the reports on the GA site?

Plugin Contributions

Glad to see it's now working for you. :)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the fix for how to integrate the two (JAM and SGA) can be found here:

http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...-the-workbook/

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (in the comments section). I've detailed out how to integrate the two there.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks! Will have a look at it right away!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the fix for how to integrate the two (JAM and SGA) can be found here:

http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...-the-workbook/

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (in the comments section). I've detailed out how to integrate the two there.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Riiight... I think I did what I was supposed to, but I have two problems now. First, I didn't find the yourdomainhere in the code, and second, the footer is messed up on my site (www.hjemmemamma.com/nettbutikk).

Where did I go wrong?

Some thoughts to make sure you didn't miss anything:

1) Did you turn on "Conversion Tracking" from within the Zen Cart admin and also enter your Adwords conversion tracking id?

2) Did you turn on conversion tracking and copy the proper tracking id from the Adwords account? (You'll insert this tracking id into the Zen Cart admin under the "Conversion Tracking" text section.

3) You do not need to alter the checkout success page etc... (my contribution automatically does that for you as long as you turn on the proper elements from within the Config section of the zen admin for SGA.)

4) Have you setup a cookie on your computer to exclude your IP or address from the reports? If so your conversion won't track.

It's working now! I did not do step 1). I thought I did everything. Thanks for the help. I am going to purchase your book right now to show my appreciation. Thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Riiight... I think I did what I was supposed to, but I have two problems now. First, I didn't find the yourdomainhere in the code, and second, the footer is messed up on my site (www.hjemmemamma.com/nettbutikk).

Where did I go wrong?
    "yourdomainhere" refers to your actual domain (replace that text with your actual domain name.)

I looked at your site and it does not appear that you have the Google tracking installed at all now.

What you need to do is follow the instructions at the link I provided very closely. That should get you exactly what you need.

Eric

Plugin Contributions

"yourdomainhere" refers to your actual domain (replace that text with your actual domain name.)

I looked at your site and it does not appear that you have the Google tracking installed at all now.

What you need to do is follow the instructions at the link I provided very closely. That should get you exactly what you need.

This is the code at the bottom of that link:
    PHP Code:

< ?php
    require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
    ?>
    < ?php
    if ($_GET['main_page']=="checkout_success") {

##########################################
    ## START JAM INTEGRATION WITH ZEN CART ##
    ## ZC Integration code by DrByte 8/2006 ##
    ##########################################

if (isset($zv_orders_id) && (int)$zv_orders_id > 0 && isset($order_summary) && is_array($order_summary)) {

if (!isset($_SESSION['affiliate_order_id']) || $_SESSION['affiliate_order_id'] != $zv_orders_id ) {

$_SESSION['affiliate_order_id'] = $zv_orders_id;

$commissionable_order_formatted = number_format($order_summary['commissionable_order'], 2, '.', '');

echo '';

}

}

#######################################
    ## END JAM INTEGRATION WITH ZEN CART ##
    #######################################

} // end if for determining if this was the checkout_success page.?> 
    There's no "yourdomainhere" to replace..?

Earlier today I tried replacing the jam part with the code I already had, and removed that space between < and ? at the top. The footer looks fine again, but I just ran a test and jam is not working. GA tracked up until yesterday, and some today as well, though I'm not sure those hits came before I changed the code. The e-commerce tracking is still down.