Page 122 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

If requests for the other domain name are simply redirected, there is no simple way to track the clicks through it. It doesn't serve a HTML page, therefore there is no content served on that domain that can be tracked.

You add only one tracking code to your page, the one for the final domain - the one that actually displays the content.

I don't know if this is feasible for your site, but if you can get the other domain to redirect to a specific single specially created landing page on the new domain, you could track visitors passing through that page instead. For this to work, the new page would NOT be linked from anywhere else on the main domain, but it would link to many pages of the new site: the major category pages at the very minimum. You would also need to "noindex" that page so that people do not find it via searchengines.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fergusmacdonald View Post
    Hi, sorry for the slow reply - don't remember getting emailed about a new post.

I don't get an error message as such, my error, or problem, is that some conversions are showing up with a value of £1 - we don't have sales at £1 so for some reason the actual sale value is being ignored and inserted as £1 instead.
    My module won't insert any value at all (it will be "0") if no value is passed.

I suspect that it is being overridden from within your Google Analytics account. If you set the conversion value or action value to something other than "0" then Google Anlaytics will override whatever dynamic data is passed an use the value set from within your GA account.

Check in your Google Analytics account (ecommerce section under profile usually, etc...) and make sure you set the conversion value to "0". This will enable the data passed by my module to populate your reports instead of using the number tha tis inserted there (which I suspect is "1" currently).

Let me know if that works.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Hi Eric I guess I need to go to my database to see if the problem lies there. I have checked my files and they seem to be all in order. I downloaded Andrews version to double check to see if there were file left over from his. Don't see any from his version. I'm still stumped...lol
    How did this work out? Did you remedy the issue? I went to your site and it looks like the code for my mod is there and installed correctly. The error you are getting and that references the "PageTracker" is not a variable that is in my tracking so it would have to be coming from somewhere else.

Let me know if you still get the error here and we'll see what else might be causing it.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by angst View Post
    Zencart 1.38
    Simple google analytics 1.2.2
    Use older urchin = no

I searched the thread and am still confused how to set up alias domains. Posts ~#1015 seem relevant but adds to my confusion.
    I have mysite.com and anotherurl.com that points to mysite.com. The redirect is set to point to mysite.com by the hosting company and not by any settings on my end (like htaccess).
    Im simply trying to track how many people directly typed in anotherurl.com to get to mysite.com
    Is this actually already being tracked in analytics as a “traffic source”?
    If I understand right, to track anotherurl.com I set should set up another profile inside google such that I have:
    Exsisting UAxxxxxx-1 and
    Other url UAxxxxx-2

Right or wrong?
    Yes, this is one way to do it (the one that I prefer). Setup a new profile (you can do this as a stand alone profile or UNDER a current profile -- if the two are associated.)

In order to track the "new" url however, you'll need to install the Google Code (different tracking id like UAxxxxx-2) on the separate url. However, if you have an automatic re-direct in place at that url and the page does not actually load upon arrival, then the tracking code for Google will not trigger (the page needs to load for that to happen) and the data for that separate url will not be tracked individually.)

One post says to add UAxxxxx-2 in admin/configuration/GoogleAnalyticsConfiguration .
    There is no such configration variable or option in this module (Simple Google Analytics). Are you sure you are using this version or another?

Is this correct? There is only one field in the interface. Would I just put both with a comma in between (as in UAxxxxx-1, UAxxxxx-2)?
    No, this is not correct, and no you would not want to put a comma between id's. That will render tracking useless.

Other posts mention modifying code but I am lost as to what to modify. I see tpl_main_page.php mentioned frequently but it does not look like anything in that file specifically references the particular UAxxxx number.
    If you want to extend the code (but not needed as seen in the above option) you would have to look within the "google_analytics.php file found in the /google_analytics/ folder that comes with the install. This is the file that contains and writes all the tracking info to the page.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    My module won't insert any value at all (it will be "0") if no value is passed.

I suspect that it is being overridden from within your Google Analytics account. If you set the conversion value or action value to something other than "0" then Google Anlaytics will override whatever dynamic data is passed an use the value set from within your GA account.

Check in your Google Analytics account (ecommerce section under profile usually, etc...) and make sure you set the conversion value to "0". This will enable the data passed by my module to populate your reports instead of using the number tha tis inserted there (which I suspect is "1" currently).

Let me know if that works.
    Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I can't find a conversion value section in my Analytics Settings. I have an option to track as an 'E-Commerce Website' and a section where I can select what currency the site is in.

The only place I can find that type of setting is in my AdWords settings, under Reporting>Conversions>Purchase/Sale>Code - however, this is to create code to insert into your page, rather than being how it interprets code that's already inserted.

Also, it's important to note that the £1 value is only coming through on some conversions, not all. Perhaps 10-20%.

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to say that this is a great contribution! Quick & easy to install & works great

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fergusmacdonald View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I can't find a conversion value section in my Analytics Settings. I have an option to track as an 'E-Commerce Website' and a section where I can select what currency the site is in.

The only place I can find that type of setting is in my AdWords settings, under Reporting>Conversions>Purchase/Sale>Code - however, this is to create code to insert into your page, rather than being how it interprets code that's already inserted.

Also, it's important to note that the £1 value is only coming through on some conversions, not all. Perhaps 10-20%.
    The conversion section or value is on the Adwords side correct. It can also be found on the analytics side (although a different "conversion value") IF you have setup goals. Each goal can be assigned a conversion value as well.

Does that help?

I would suggest trying to narrow down where these "random" transactions with a "1" appear and then try to determine if and why they are being overridden (you may have already tried this.)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    The conversion section or value is on the Adwords side correct. It can also be found on the analytics side (although a different "conversion value") IF you have setup goals. Each goal can be assigned a conversion value as well.

Does that help?

I would suggest trying to narrow down where these "random" transactions with a "1" appear and then try to determine if and why they are being overridden (you may have already tried this.)
    Thanks for the help....will look into this further.

Plugin Contributions

Apologies, didn't see the question in your post.

Yes, the conversion value is in AdWords only, Analytics seems to be seeing different conversion values for the £1 conversions.

Plugin Contributions

Is simple google analytics by econcepts compatible with the latest version of Zen Cart? 1.3.9.x?